DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I really like the camera but the curved horizon and the gimbal never jibe.

Believe me, Gronz, you'll be glad you did. For most situations, manual mode is the only way to go.

KB

In all my years in photography I’ve never shot in shutter mode, what should be my target on a sunny day? Do I keep adjusting the shutter until the scene looks good on my phone? Do I want to adjust it until the aperture opens wide? What day you?

At what shutter speed do you have to worry about slow-shutter-blur? Also should I shoot in M or Tv?
Thanks

Last edited:
There are plenty of YouTube videos that explain using this camera for taking stills and video.

There is no one setting that works in all situations. Use manual not Shutter. Use base ISO of 100 unless you need more light. Change the settings to highlight overexposure by showing the zebra stripes. Then watch the EV value, start by trying to get you setting to 0 ev.

After watching half a dozen videos on the camera settings you should get a feel for how to adjust.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
I discovered the barrel distortion was coming from my HDR editor so I now use Photoshop and the barrel distortion is gone. BTW I noticed watching CSI and other films; barrel distortion, perspective distortion, are very common .

Believe me, Gronz, you'll be glad you did. For most situations, manual mode is the only way to go.

KB

I will, however I noticed in the shutter mode I can still maintain ISO of 100. I dial the shutter speed up towards 400 and the aperture will go to 2.3. I will start using the manual mode though just to give me a bit more control .

I will, however I noticed in the shutter mode I can still maintain ISO of 100. I dial the shutter speed up towards 400 and the aperture will go to 2.3. I will start using the manual mode though just to give me a bit more control .

You might still want to watch a discussion or two on the exposure triangle, by your comments I am not sure you yet understand the relationships.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52