DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I *so* want a Mini 4 Pro

Spinball

Reactions
I had the original Mavic when it first came out and then sold that after getting the original mini fly more combo. Because I'm in the UK, I wanted something a little more 'under the radar'. Got my FAA and CAA documentation before flying here and in the US when we went there on holiday.
I don't fly very often at all, although I have taken the drone with me more often recently when going on weekend breaks to create a more interesting record of our time away.
I have found that the kind of shot that I want requires the mini 4 because I want to have the drone video us as we walk along with the backdrop of our location. Having to manually fly the mini while trying to walk nonchalantly along is clumsy.
All I really have is quickshots and they end too soon for me.
So I really want the 4. It's *so* much money, though. A grand in the UK, which is impossible to justify at the moment :(

Buy it, Fly it for 3 years. 1 grand becomes 1 (whatever) a day. The satisfaction you’ll get makes it impossible to not justify. Go for it! (Easy for me to say) 😊
Such a lovely optimistic reply.
I guess if one does buy a drone like this, it's motivation to visit beautiful places.

Such a lovely optimistic reply.
I guess if one does buy a drone like this, it's motivation to visit beautiful places.
Then that means travel costs, getting up at unearthly hours to catch the sunrise or the morning 'golden hour' or to avoid all the hundreds of tourists........ but then again, well worth it when you playback your video clips.

Reactions: Kiwicbrthou
My suggestion would be to ask Santa- He is touring Major Dept stores around this time of year. Take a child- Santa gets Really Mad if you try and sit on his lap yourself TRUST ME! also Make sure you get the real one. LOTS of fake Santas out there this time of year.
HINT:The real one smells like Canadian Mist and calls all the kids Timmy {even the girls?}

I have the original mini and bought the 4 about a month ago. It's everything I always wanted the original to be. Amazing camera and a rock solid signal. I haven't even tried the following feature yet!

Reactions: TexasEric
😁 We are quite good at spending someone else’s money aren’t we? I’m also on another hobby forum (airgun forum) that they nicknamed the “Darkside” because it’s contagious, you can’t buy just one. 🤔

Reactions: mobilehomer
😁 We are quite good at spending someone else’s money aren’t we? I’m also on another hobby forum (airgun forum) that they nicknamed the “Darkside” because it’s contagious, you can’t buy just one. 🤔
That was me with FPV quads. I was building a new one almost every other month. It got...pricy.

Then that means travel costs, getting up at unearthly hours to catch the sunrise or the morning 'golden hour' or to avoid all the hundreds of tourists........ but then again, well worth it when you playback your video clips.

True, but recorded video pales in comparison to the actual flight experience.

I'm holding out for the recording tech in Brainstorm (1983)...

I have the original mini and bought the 4 about a month ago. It's everything I always wanted the original to be. Amazing camera and a rock solid signal. I haven't even tried the following feature yet!
I moved from Spark to Mini and now to Mini 4, one drone every 3 years. Just get it, major step up. Love the way points and cruise control, making super smooth vids!

A much less expensive solution to get 'Follow Me' mode for the Mini is to buy the Litchi flight control app (about $30) which will provide that capability, plus much more (like waypoints & a pseudo cruise control). The Maven app also has similar capabilities.

I agree on that. Each air gun has its own sweet spot. Just like the drones. And yes I bought the 3 pro too soon. The 4 has the features I want but are missing from the 3. don’t get me wrong. The 3 pro is great.

Reactions: Dbez1
lol. You know what will eventually happen don’t you? You’re going to sell the 3Pro to make room for the 4 that you really “need”, and we’ll all be happy to provide you with a whole host of reasons to get one. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Just say the word. We’ve got you covered!
😎

Ha. You know I already know the reasons. It’s just taking me longer to wear myself down and give in. But it is coming! I give myself one more week before I give in.

Reactions: Dbez1 and Hauptmann
Then save up for it, or open a low interest rate credit card if you don’t want to wait. (Life is too short)

Oh I agree on the life is too short. I have the money saved. I just have to sell my 3 pro first, then slip the 4 pro into its place without the wife noticing or my life will be short! Ha.

That was me with FPV quads. I was building a new one almost every other month. It got...pricy.
Pricy, but fun. Some say building FPV drones is addicting, but I don't believe it. I can quit whenever I want to, I just don't want to. 😉

Got started in September 2022 on a whim. I loved flying RC planes for about 20 years and thi was very similar but a lot more convenient. So we have, In order
Mini 2. Sold
DJI FPV
Cetus X
Avata
Mavic Classic
Pavo Pico. Only lasted a few days
Meteor 75 then 85
Mobula 8 with 03 air

where do people get the idea that this is addictive?

• Haha
Reactions: Dbez1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N