DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I tried filing a repair request with DJI....

BSauce955

Inspire or be Inspired
Approved Vendor
Reactions
So I have a few questions. I don't have the serial number for the drone because I kind of took it off the label with the serial number plate thing when trying to repair it myself (I thought there might have been screws under it). I can't get it in the app either because I can't get the drone to bind with the controller. Anyways, do I need the serial number? The form I filled out with DJI never required it, but when I printed out the sheet to include with the drone, it said "serial number:" and then nothing. I'm not sure if that's necessary but plz lmk. Also, a shipping label wasn't included so where do I ship it? Would it be a better idea to go through a different repair service (DDS etc.) or is DJI the best way to go?

Reactions: GFields
So I have a few questions. I don't have the serial number for the drone because I kind of took it off the label with the serial number plate thing when trying to repair it myself (I thought there might have been screws under it). I can't get it in the app either because I can't get the drone to bind with the controller. Anyways, do I need the serial number? The form I filled out with DJI never required it, but when I printed out the sheet to include with the drone, it said "serial number:" and then nothing. I'm not sure if that's necessary but plz lmk. Also, a shipping label wasn't included so where do I ship it? Would it be a better idea to go through a different repair service (DDS etc.) or is DJI the best way to go?
That was a mistake to discard factory placard. I have changed the center body section on two occasions on my Mavic PP and have swapped that placard into battery bay on new body. I also have my contact info on a separate piece of paper clear taped over factory label containing serial number and wi-fi code. As soon as a person removes battery they will see it. Plus I have my FAA sticker on rear leg that is always visible.

Send it to DDS no doubt. They are a reputable company and they help support our forum....WINNING!

Reactions: BSauce955
Every repair that I have had done, the SN was needed. The shipping label was sent to me via email.

I guess you can upload any flying log to Airdata.com HD 360 Gold or Pro account and get the serial number of your drone.

I guess you can upload any flying log to Airdata.com HD 360 Gold or Pro account and get the serial number of your drone.
How do I get the flight log?

The flying log is in the app history. but the easy way is to download the Airdata auto-sync app and that will do it for you.
DJI Automatic Sync - Airdata UAV

Just make sure your DJI Fly app is synchronizing with the DJI cloud-enable or not, just enable it connected to the internet and reopen the app, and will sync. Then open Airdata Sync App.

You can get the Air data Gold account for 1 month only if you want $6.99 retrieve the log and then change to the lite or kept. is up to you.

Reactions: zeusfl
Does the AirData that comes with the Premium membership work or does it have to be GOLD or PRO account?

Does the AirData that comes with the Premium membership work or does it have to be GOLD or PRO account?
The one that comes with Premium membership (Airdata 360 Lite) does not support drone management. You need the Gold at least. Take it for 1 month. It is worth it to get the serial number.
2021-11-15_12-18-33.jpg

• Love
Reactions: BigAl07
Here is the link.

Here is the link.

Where do I find the "logs"? Sorry if that's something I should know. I've never had the need.

Where do I find the "logs"? Sorry if that's something I should know. I've never had the need.

You get an AirData GOLD or PRO account, synch your logs to your AD account, and then your logs are readily available on your AD information.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54