DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 I visited every Lighthouse in Rhode Island

ArthurC

Reactions
This past Spring, Summer, and Fall, I was lucky enough to visit Rhode Island a few times, and while I was there, I decided to take on a rather ambitious project, my most ambitious yet, actually, to film every lighthouse in Rhode Island with my drone. I had to get FAA clearance for a few, which was new for me, but pretty easy, all things considered. I'm pretty happy with this version of the project.

I've been experimenting with some longer videos, in the "relaxing scenery" genre. I know this video format probably isn't popular here, but I though I'd share just in case someone likes that kind of thing. I'm working on a shorter version, probably 3-5 minutes long, which I will post when I'm done.

Anyway, let me know what you think!

Very Nice!

Love it ! I grabbed a video along cliff walk in Newport on a recent foray into RI. Definitely going to try my hand at lighthouses. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: ArthurC
I rather like it. I switched it to youtube and will watch it in bits and pieces. I watched 1st 10 minutes so far. A little bit in the mornings till done. I do that a lot with long videos. Very nice so far.

Nicely done in all regards. I like the sound and its transition between different lighthouses. I haven't finished it yet, but plan to do so.

Nice! I'm guessing not all are operational, but since they are historical, they are still there.

Love it ! I grabbed a video along cliff walk in Newport on a recent foray into RI. Definitely going to try my hand at lighthouses. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, the Cliff walk is beautiful too, but I only had time to explore that in early spring, when there was no foliage, so everything looks a little dead. I might still try to make a video out of it some time though. Thanks!

I rather like it. I switched it to youtube and will watch it in bits and pieces. I watched 1st 10 minutes so far. A little bit in the mornings till done. I do that a lot with long videos. Very nice so far.
Thank you. I tried to switch up the audio and keep it interesting. Glad you enjoy it!

Nice! I'm guessing not all are operational, but since they are historical, they are still there.
16 of them are still operational. Most are run by the coast guard like Dutch Island or Beavertail point, or a public trust like Watch Hill and Rose Island. Four other retired ones are privately owned houses. The Ida Lewis light is now a yacht club, and they still have a fake light that they turn on some times, but it's not a real lighthouse anymore.

Reactions: Prop Wash

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne