DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

i want to record building gazebo

What’s a “intervaometer”?

If you are into timelapse photography (like I have been for several years) you need a device that will automatically trigger your shutter at set intervals. (thus, interval-ometer). I have an intervalometer built into my DSLR (Nikon) and it can be programmed to shoot a picture every second, or every 3 seconds, or whatever I program. Timelapse has become an integral part of all of my videos. Here is my Vimeo page and you can watch 1 or 2 of the videos and see timelapse sequences. I am attaching a screen grab of intervalometers on Amazon. Even the cheap ones work well. The shots of the intervalometer on my camera are also attached. If you have further interest I can help get you started. Tons of info, videos, etc.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 2.57.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 2.57.26 PM.png
    900.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Photoshooting menu.jpg
    Photoshooting menu.jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Interval screen.jpg
    Interval screen.jpg
    826.1 KB · Views: 4
Is anyone else but me confused by doing a time lapse of a construction project which occurs over time (like hours) using a drone? Why would you prefer a drone (probably stable and sitting still heating up, on a table) while it could more easily be done with a camera using an intervaometer?
I dont have a camera I do however have a drone

I dont have a camera I do however have a drone

Well simply put, I really don't think you're going to be able to achieve what you want with a drone. The timelapse function of the Mavic 2 Pro allows 125 exposures per cycle, and at 25 frames per second, a 5 second show. The filming takes about 12 minutes. You have to repeat the cycle and one battery will allow three of these cycles, or a grand total of 15 seconds of show, and 12 x 3=36 minutes of filming. Do you really. think it is possible to build the structure in that amount of time?

Well simply put, I really don't think you're going to be able to achieve what you want with a drone. The timelapse function of the Mavic 2 Pro allows 125 exposures per cycle, and at 25 frames per second, a 5 second show. The filming takes about 12 minutes. You have to repeat the cycle and one battery will allow three of these cycles, or a grand total of 15 seconds of show, and 12 x 3=36 minutes of films. Do you really. think it is possible to build the structure in that amount of time?
Um no

Well simply put, I really don't think you're going to be able to achieve what you want with a drone. The timelapse function of the Mavic 2 Pro allows 125 exposures per cycle, and at 25 frames per second, a 5 second show. The filming takes about 12 minutes. You have to repeat the cycle and one battery will allow three of these cycles, or a grand total of 15 seconds of show, and 12 x 3=36 minutes of filming. Do you really. think it is possible to build the structure in that amount of time?

This is the answer I have been looking for I wanted to know if it could be done and Dale explained why it would not really be the best way to do it ....Thanks

The concept of the time lapse by your Air 2 drone would make a much more interesting video than if you just sit a camera on a post! Consider fade in/fade out joins, use of rising shots, circling and approaching shots and lots of hyperlapse with orbiting waypoints. These paths can vary and would add nice variety, including different light during the days to show work clips through to sunsets, even adding some high overheads, with the gimbal pointed vertically down. Add some short Active Track and a few ground level camera images too, for extra variety. And the filming does not have to be continuous - just in segments to sensibly connect the build. It sounds like you know what you want to achieve - something special. A great project. I hope you have the 3-battery Fly More! Cheers ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlipPak