DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I want to try some filters

mclld

Reactions
I mainly do photos but I might occasionally shoot a video though. I would like to try some filters but not sure which ones, I would appreciate some suggestions

That would be M2P :p Define filters..Assuming ND's? a set of 3 or 4 preferred 8,16,32,64..Your histogram will decide which one you need beyond time of day and conditions. ;) You Get what you pay for, but as you shoot very little I wouldn't go to Polar Pros, I personally use PGYTech on my Mavic 2 Zoom, and find them fine.

You could get a Variable and make quicker adjustments. Freewell Variable ND 2-Filter Kit for DJI Mavic 2 Pro

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
I went for PGYTech filters because I really like the cases they provide for their filters (black and magnetic). And I think they work very closely with DJI, to the extent that some of their products are listed on the DJI official store. (I've also heard that DJI bought PGYTech, but I dunno if that's true.)

In any case, I'm happy with the filter set I ordered from them for my Air 2. In China, they are cheaper than their comparable competitors (Freewell and PolarPro), but I'm not sure if that's true outside of China.

I prefer Polar Pros. I rarely use the polarize filters. I stick with the Neutral density’s. The set of ND4,8,16. 32 and the same polarize filters cost around $250. I would suggest just purchasing ND 8 and 16 for general photography. Unless you want to do long exposures then 32 to 64 are my recommendations. Most days if it’s sunny an ND 16 ISO 100 1/50 to 1/60 at F 5.6 gives good results.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty