DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was force landed and jammed while flying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
Hey guys,
New to the game and this is my first post. I was flying my mavic about a week ago at night. While up in the air I was approached by another drone that was off in the distance. Once it got fairly close (hard to tell how close) there were 2 white strobes alternating on each of the front wings. It then emitted a bright light from both lights simultaneously. I immediately lost control of my aircraft. It was no li ger responding. My controller wouldn't respond, and I had no camera feed. I thought it was gone forever. A few minutes later it returned to home and landed. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this. Im not sure how and why this happened but it scared me enough to contemplate returning the thing.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Or you just lost signal...

Cheers!

That especially bright flash was nothing more than the drone and it's light were facing your direction. Most of todays anti-collision strobes are very directional. If off axis 10 degrees they are pretty dim compared to when they are pointed at you.

ps: and you still haven't identified what drone you are flying, how far away your drone was, or even if you had your controller antennas in the proper position for flight.

Reactions: AZDave
ps: and you still haven't identified what drone you are flying, how far away your drone was, or even if you had your controller antennas in the proper position for flight.

Air2s

Other thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S