DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I wonder what they do to fly over people?

watching the masters the only drone video that I noticed were some really lame telephoto shots cruising past some trees near one of the tee's. The basic camera work at the masters is sensational to begin with and doesn't need drones. IT looked like the only golfer they had miced the last couple of days was Bernhard Langar. Are they afraid of the rest?
Great show non the less.

Do me a favor....search for "drone crash" in just this forum. Happens way more than you realize.
For the record, the waiting list is closed but for those who got on it the wait was about 30 years. They opened it up a number of years ago, briefly, and I got on it, but I don’t expect to get on it before I retire (and I’m 40). My grandfather got tickets so I went for years, and was regularly offered $5-10K per ticket (that’s for all 4 days) on the street outside the gate.

Reactions: ATW
It's funny, the new rules about flying over people were announced Tuesday, and already questions about that rule were on the Part 107 test I took on the same day.
I passed the test in spite of the fact that that question, and several more, were never covered in any of the volumes of test materials I studied.
great to know. I've been studying this info in the Pilot Institute training class. Greg went over this back in March for those testing after April 6th when it changed over... (I think) It gets very confusing...

Different rules in Canada.

Also contact the PGA and ask them how they get around it.

Reactions: NAVMAV
slightly off topic, but how does the FAA, at NASCAR's request put the area around any cup race off limits for sUAV's and other aircraft, but FOX is using a drone for live footage..permission ..

Although Disney managed to get permission for their own sUAV's to fly over their parks but the rest of us mere mortals can not

slightly off topic, but how does the FAA, at NASCAR's request put the area around any cup race off limits for sUAV's and other aircraft, but FOX is using a drone for live footage..permission ..

Although Disney managed to get permission for their own sUAV's to fly over their parks but the rest of us mere mortals can not
The same way college sports and other major league sports do it. $$$$$$$$$

The other thing to consider is that most would fly over the crowds totally ignoring the safety factor. Can you imagine the disaster of some moron flying their drone onto the track at a NASCAR or Indy car event?