DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I would like to be able fly with a lower ground level limit

goixiz

Reactions
Is it possible to fly the mavic at a height (lets say) no lower than10 feet above the ground/water. I am single pilot and camera controller and like to concentrate on the subject but not have to worry bout terrain when recording.

Just a thought thanks

I think I understand your question. You want to be able to fly a straight line over the ground at 10 feet and even if there are terrain changes maintain that 10 foot height automatically. Thats a really great question.
If Forward obstacle sensors were enabled then the Mavic would stop and hover / or reroute over / along side if something in the terrain jutted up in front of it while flying at a 10 foot height. A boulder for instance.

Reactions: genesimmons
Maybe bolt it to a skateboard? Good for land or sea. Thumbswayup Just kidding. I thought that was what the "Terrain follow" function is for.

As @Sprocket said, Terrain Follow mode is what your looking for. It uses the VPS to measure altitude above the ground and maintains that altitude above the ground even as the terrain changes. Not sure if it works over water though...

water and anything under 20 feet is not going to end well

Terrain Follow works to stay above rising ground, but will not automatically descend to follow lowering ground.

The problem is, if you aren't paying attention to terrain, you probably aren't paying attention to anything else...that is going to end in tears.

Is it possible to fly the mavic at a height (lets say) no lower than10 feet above the ground/water. I am single pilot and camera controller and like to concentrate on the subject but not have to worry bout terrain when recording.

Just a thought thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54