DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I wrecked her

But if I crash this thing beyond repairs, you best be assured I am coming out with 2 brand new drones.

Hmmm. I wonder what this means in terms of insurance? The following is applicable to State Farms PAP.

“Claiming double” on insurance becomes fraud when a claimant does not disclose that there was more than one policy in force payable for the claim in question.

Nearly all “Proof Of Lossforms have a question or requires a statement from the insured that there was no other insurance in force covering the claim.

c. file with us or our agent, within 90 days after discovery of the loss, a signed sworn proof of loss. This will state the facts and amount of the loss to the best of your knowledge

Also, check the "Conditions" page of your State Farm policy.

13. Other Insurance. If at the time of loss or damage there is other insurance available which would apply to the property in the absence of this policy, the insurance under this policy will apply only as excess insurance over the other insurance.

Just because you might be able to get away with it, doesnt mean someone else will not go to jail for it. In some jurisdictions, it's a felony.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I wonder what this means in terms of insurance? The following is applicable to State Farms PAP.

“Claiming double” on insurance becomes fraud when a claimant does not disclose that there was more than one policy in force payable for the claim in question.

Nearly all “Proof Of Lossforms have a question or requires a statement from the insured that there was no other insurance in force covering the claim.

Just because you might be able to get away with it, doesnt mean someone else will not go to jail for it. In some jurisdictions, it's a felony.

Lol, what you fail to realize is I am very good at keeping my drone very safe and in top notch condition while doing my best to avoid crashes and accidents.

My drone does cost me over $2,000. I am sure many people too have paid way over that for their own M2P. My insurance on my drone is $199 (DJI $139 and State Farm $60).

Why I specifically purchased 2 insurance is because I want to reassure myself that if I have a total loss, I am getting paid by someone for a new drone. I did not get 2 insurance to file for 2 claims. But I want to make sure somebody pays for my drone if I crash. But trust me, I am not looking forward to crashing. I have very limited flight times because of my busy work schedule. The thing is just collecting dust right now.

But after spending over $2,000 for this thing, yeah, I had to make sure this thing is covered in case of a total loss. I just need a new drone back if I crash, I do not need 2.

DJI is expensive at $139. State Farm was pretty cheap at $60. So, I decided why not insure double and be more sure my drone would be covered by one of them if my claim is such that someone wants to refuse to pay.

Like the example I gave above that what if for some reason I crash 4 to 5 miles away at sea and cannot get my drone back? Well, I hope someone pays me back for ir; DJI or Staye Farm. But if nobody pays, seriously, what can I do? The answer is absolutely nothing. Probably just buy a new one all over again as I can't do jack about that if they refuse my claim. It is only $1,500. I would be upset if neither of them covers it when I have paid for insurance. But if I cannot get one of them to replace my drone, then tough luck on me. I will have to buy a new one out of pocket.

Real talk.

Lol, what you fail to realize is I am very good at keeping my drone very safe and in top notch conditoon while doing my best to avoid crashes and accidents.

My drone does cost me iver $2,000. I am sure many people too have paid way over that for their own M2P. My insurance on my drone is $199 (DJI $139 and State Farm $60).

Why I specifically purchased 2 insurance is because I want to reassure myself that if I have a total loss, I am getting paid by someone for a new drone. I did not get 2 insurance to file for 2 claims. But I want to make sure somebody pays for my drone if I crash. But trust me, I am not looking forward to crashing. I have very limited flight times because of my busy work schedule. The thing is just collecting dust right now.

But after spending over $2,000 for this thing, yeah, I had to make sure this thing is covered in case of a total loss. I just need a new drone back if I crash, I do not need 2.

DJI is expensive at $139. State Farm was pretty cheap at $60. So, I decided why not insure double and be more sure my drone would be covered by one of them if my claim is such that someone wants to refuse to pay.

Like the example I gave above that what if for some reason I crash 4 to 5 miles away at sea and cannot get my drone back? Well, I hope someone pays me back for ir; DJI or Staye Farm. But if nobody pays, seriously, what can I do? The answer is absolutely nothing. Probably just buy a new one all over again as I can't do jack about that if they refuse my claim. It is only $1,500. I would be upset if neither of them covers it when I have paid for insurance. But if I cannot get one of them to replace my drone, then tough luck on me. I will have to buy a new one out of pocket.

Real talk.

Sorry, I thought you meant you were going to try to do something shady. My mistake.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson