DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Iceland, August 2020

thewishy

Reactions
First "real" trip with the Mavic 2 Pro

Iceland is definitely a good place to go drone, plenty of very pretty nature and very relaxed rules (With the exception of national parks and some of the more busy tourist sites). You've just got to have a little luck with the weather (Strong winds and rain were a problem, and I wanted to bring my drone home with me!)

Why all the red & orange coloring of the ground?

Why the heck did you upload the video only in 480p resolution? It´s unfortunately completely blurred! A pity because you show us a fantastic region!
cheers Paul
Hi Paul,

There is definitely a 4k version on youtube - youtube changed the defaults a while back so it might pick a poor quality by default, but you can adjust it using the settings icon in the bottom towards the right.

Why all the red & orange coloring of the ground?
The colouring is pretty typical of volcanic areas, the reds are typically caused by higher iron concentrations if I recall correctly.

Stunning video !!!!
Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: Kingsley Burton1
Man....how did you ever manage to cut that!? every shot is breathtaking. Very beautiful and very skillful..thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: Cw4bray
Hi Paul,

There is definitely a 4k version on youtube - youtube changed the defaults a while back so it might pick a poor quality by default, but you can adjust it using the settings icon in the bottom towards the right.
Hi thewishy,
now I can choose 4k, before it was not possible, strange! Thanks and now I´ll watch it once again:)
cheers Paul

First "real" trip with the Mavic 2 Pro

Iceland is definitely a good place to go drone, plenty of very pretty nature and very relaxed rules (With the exception of national parks and some of the more busy tourist sites). You've just got to have a little luck with the weather (Strong winds and rain were a problem, and I wanted to bring my drone home with me!)
Iceland is an amazing place to visit. We did a trip there in May,2019, and saw much of the what you show in this video. I did more still images and timelapse, as well as drones videos with Mavic 1 which I have since related with Mavic 2 Pro. . Your video was beautiful. Great flying, great editing, and great imagry of the highlands. My vid is a bit longer (14 minutes). I will not submit it here so as not to hijack your thread but can send it to you by private conversation. I clicked on the You tube gear and was able to view in 1080P.

Iceland is an amazing place to visit. We did a trip there in May,2019, and saw much of the what you show in this video. I did more still images and timelapse, as well as drones videos with Mavic 1 which I have since related with Mavic 2 Pro. . Your video was beautiful. Great flying, great editing, and great imagry of the highlands. My vid is a bit longer (14 minutes). I will not submit it here so as not to hijack your thread but can send it to you by private conversation. I clicked on the You tube gear and was able to view in 1080P.
As a result of a conversation not in this thread, the submitter (thewishy,UK) invited me to share my Iceland video. So here it is. As I mentioned, it is 14 minutes long, and involves stills, timelapse, long exposures using 10 stop Lee filter, drone video with my old (sold) red Mavic Air 1. As always, I invited comments, criticisms, and discussion but not to take away from the amazing original video that started this thread.

Where to I start
The Flying
The Shots
The Editing
The Music.

If there was an internet award show for independant drone videos. I would nominate yours for best picture of the year.
Thank you for showcasing your truly breathtaking films and i cant wait to see what is next.
The starting made it look like you were flying on Mars. Pulled me in and I watched the entire movie
Great job.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Simply amazing. Thanks very much for sharing. Iceland is now firmly on my bucket list
I have no financial interest but I went with ICELAND PHOTO TOURS and can recommend them. They do small groups, professional photographer guides, etc. They are drone friendly.

I have no financial interest but I went with ICELAND PHOTO TOURS and can recommend them. They do small groups, professional photographer guides, etc. They are drone friendly.
Thanks for the information Dale. I watched half of your video last night. I will watch the rest later. Great video

Reactions: pelagic_one
Thanks for the information Dale. I watched half of your video last night. I will watch the rest later. Great video
I'll be looking forward to your review and opinion. All comments always welcomed.

Beautiful place! Great shots! Agreed that a high resolution would do it much more justice!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3