DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iceland checking in

step

Reactions
Hi there! Finally got a Mavic Pro Platinum a few days ago.

Used to fly RC copters a long time ago, then got a Phantom 1 when it came out, but when it died a year or so later (*) a long pause followed. Got to play with the Mavic earlier this year and was hooked. Instantly started to saved up money, and last week finally got to pick up one of the first Platinums to be available here. The weather has been crazy bad but am super stoked and can't wait to fly.

(*) Learned the hard way that a good deal of the sand and dust here is ferromagnetic and loves to get into the motors and bind them up.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hi there! Finally got a Mavic Pro Platinum a few days ago.

Used to fly RC copters a long time ago, then got a Phantom 1 when it came out, but when it died a year or so later (*) a long pause followed. Got to play with the Mavic earlier this year and was hooked. Instantly started to saved up money, and last week finally got to pick up one of the first Platinums to be available here. The weather has been crazy bad but am super stoked and can't wait to fly.

(*) Learned the hard way that a good deal of the sand and dust here is ferromagnetic and loves to get into the motors and bind them up.
Howdy from Wyoming step, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

I had issues with that magnetic dust when I was there in March too. Very annoying. That black sand is extremely hard to clean out of black motors!

Coming back in April, can't wait.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez