DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Iconic skyscrapers in Austin, Texas

Nice video, along with this one below.

I guess I am mostly familiar with the recreational rules and didn't see in on TRUST but how does one go about getting permission fly 500, 600, 700 feet high to the tops of these buildings?

I guess I am mostly familiar with the recreational rules and didn't see in on TRUST but how does one go about getting permission fly 500, 600, 700 feet high to the tops of these buildings?

I can't speak for the video of the other guy but I only film up to 400 feet. As long as you're not right in front of it, you usually can get a decent view of the top.

I'd love to fly at a higher altitude and fly over these buildings but I'm not sure that is possible or what the procedure for that would be.

I can't speak for the video of the other guy but I only film up to 400 feet. As long as you're not right in front of it, you usually can get a decent view of the top.

I'd love to fly at a higher altitude and fly over these buildings but I'm not sure that is possible or what the procedure for that would be.
Nah - not so many drone cops in Austin. There ARE a couple but they pretty much stick to their drone group that meets every first Saturday of the month.
You wanna vid something fun lookup Austin hotel with gargoyles. They're kinda cute. The lobby is way retro.

Reactions: RRDC Media
Nah - not so many drone cops in Austin. There ARE a couple but they pretty much stick to their drone group that meets every first Saturday of the month.
You wanna vid something fun lookup Austin hotel with gargoyles. They're kinda cute. The lobby is way retro.
Do you mean the Driskill?

I'm the one responsible for the "Tallest Building in Austin" video. Nothing special one needs to do to fly over 400' except have a Part 107. Then you can fly 400' above the building as long as you're no more than 400' laterally from it.

Do you mean the Driskill?
No, although they do have one. Fun fact there are several locations in Austin with gargoyles.
The Paramount has some in the tiles. The hotel I refer to is around the corner.
"The most traditional use of gargoyles in downtown is the 28 little men with pointed ears and wings crouched on the third-floor windowsill of the Gothic Revival-style Norwood Building at 114 W. Seventh. Built during the prosperous period before the Great Depression, the 14-story office building was Austin's tallest when it opened in 1929 and the first totally air-conditioned office building in the United States."

Nice video! I miss Austin.

I'm the one responsible for the "Tallest Building in Austin" video. Nothing special one needs to do to fly over 400' except have a Part 107. Then you can fly 400' above the building as long as you're no more than 400' laterally from it.
I seriously didn't know this and might be another good reason to get the Pt 107 licensing.
Cool video by the way, my office is one of the skyscrapers close to it and I see the building grow every day.

Nice video! I miss Austin.
Thanks, it's a beautiful city

Wonderful flying and impressive too.

Dale
Thanks Dale!

No, although they do have one. Fun fact there are several locations in Austin with gargoyles.
The Paramount has some in the tiles. The hotel I refer to is around the corner.
"The most traditional use of gargoyles in downtown is the 28 little men with pointed ears and wings crouched on the third-floor windowsill of the Gothic Revival-style Norwood Building at 114 W. Seventh. Built during the prosperous period before the Great Depression, the 14-story office building was Austin's tallest when it opened in 1929 and the first totally air-conditioned office building in the United States."
Ah I know which one you mean now! I'm planning on making a long drone video of Austin so I might have to include some shots of this building and the gargoyles now.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard