DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 The tallest building in Austin, TX (865 ft.) 4k and ~3 mins

spamgnome

Reactions
This building is still under construction, but is slated to be completed later this year. Currently, it's the tallest in Austin, but that won't last long as one or two more are in waiting to surpass this one.
During filming I was approached by an Austin Police officer, who (surprisingly?) was just curious. He looked over my shoulder for a couple of minutes after asking what I was filming and then just meandered away. Why can't all encounters with onlookers be like this!

Awesome video. I miss TX

This building is still under construction, but is slated to be completed later this year. Currently, it's the tallest in Austin, but that won't last long as one or two more are in waiting to surpass this one.
During filming I was approached by an Austin Police officer, who (surprisingly?) was just curious. He looked over my shoulder for a couple of minutes after asking what I was filming and then just meandered away. Why can't all encounters with onlookers be like this!

Thanks for sharing - interesting that there doesn't appear to be a helicopter pad at the top - it is common to have an emergency pad for high rises..... Hope the building will have tenants and get filled up!

Good flying & video work. Length a tad long for me, saw the building from every conceivable angle. Music a little up tempo so not such a relaxing experience. Just my critique, not everyone's.

Reactions: spamgnome
Well we’ve all seen the penthouse view now. Do it again when it’s finished to show bldg management. Maybe some signed exterior stills for display in the foyer. No pay (without 107) but you’ll be famous..in the bldg anyways.

Those crane drivers must have nerves of steel. But I wouldn’t want to work in the building. Nice filming with the Air 2. I have the same drone. It’s a brilliant piece of gear. 👍😎🇳🇿

The ONLY issue I have with being in those high floors is having to use the stairs for a fire alarm! 🤣 Would have loved to see the drone reflection in the windows.

Beautifully done. I would like to have had a wider angle shot, perhaps including all 3 at the end. Thanks for sharing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne