DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got in panic with police and lost Mavic. Critical battery vs RTH?

You obviously need to understand what a controlled access highway system is. There is a reason why hitchhikers are not allowed past the on ramp entry point. Parking on the side of a freeway is not a public access freedom but an emergency use only. The danger for both the parked car/ driver and the traffic is extremely high. The Internet is full of videos displaying the distracted driving wreckage. A little light reading for you...

Controlled-access highway - Wikipedia
Actually with my history working in law enforcement and corrections I believe I’m aware of what a controlled access (on ramp) is, and I’ve dealt first hand with automobile accidents, here in Texas there are many highways/freeways with housing right beside it or as I’ve seen many times firsthand, you could sit there stopped all day long without seeing another vehicle!

Are all well known members like tcope so condescending? I doubt it. It’s amazing what some people are willing to say about another person on the net but probably wouldn’t be so brave in person.

Reactions: Thwyllo
Are all well known members like tcope so condescending? I doubt it. It’s amazing what some people are willing to say about another person on the net but probably wouldn’t be so brave in person.

Joined May 27,2018 and this is your first (!) warm welcoming message?
Keep on reading mate and keep on posting like this... Sounds like YOU are such a 'brave person'...

I might hope you are a better pilot than some of them out here and you DO respect manufacturers safety signals... or are you just one of them having that same nasty habit...?

The person you are referring to is only making the same point as some of the other sane members did, who had the guts to say what's going on, no matter in what way:

STOP screwing up drone flying by ignoring safety signals to keep the world a safe place for others!

The Drone police are seriously getting out of hand, at first it was humorous now it’s just sickning,
I don't consider myself a drone police but we all love this hobby of flying, right? Just like driving a car have to follow rules or we can get a high price at the end. We live in a society of laws and just because we are flying for recreational purposes does not mean we can just stop anywhere and take off our drones. We have to be careful where to take off and if it's safe.

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom