DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Idiot-of-the-Year contest is over---I WIN!

Some days nothing goes right. My Smart Controller said the compass needed to be calibrated so I refreshed my memory about holding it horizontally and turning around then do the same holding it vertically. So I went outside and holding it horizontally, I turned around once and nothing happened. I did it again, still nothing. I tried it vertically and still nothing. As I was standing there wondering what was wrong, it suddenly occurred to me that the drone was still inside on the table and I was going around with the controller. I went and got drone and a minute later the compass was calibrated and I had remembered some words that I had forgotten and said some of them. ........Don't break anything laughing...........
???

I Love your honesty... just be careful you don't do a range check on a cliff top... :)

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
It is pretty funny but way funnier and dumber things have happened to me so.

Thanks for sharing your story. Stuff like that happens to all of us. For example, here's a bonehead move that I made once...
I was flying my Mavic Mini from the top of a hill, beyond line-of-sight (before we all freak out, flying BVLOS is legal here in Canada for sub-250g UAVs and I was in a rural area). Anyway, the controller lost contact with the Mini with about 40% battery left. I tapped the Return to Home button and a few moments later, contact was regained and I could see the image from the drone clearly. Suddenly, the image froze. I waited for it to re-connect and start transmitting again. Minutes passed and I was starting to panic!
I thought, okay, even though we're in RTH mode, I'm going to push the joystick forward to gain some altitude and hopefully we reconnect. In the meantime, the remaining battery indicator was going down, down down...
As I held the joystick, I noticed a slight change in the frozen image. It was hard to see because I was at a pretty high altitude (close to 100 meters), but I could tell that my drone had started ascending!
That's when it hit me... The image was never frozen!... I had accidentally cancelled RTH mode (probably just hit the button again) and the drone was just hovering in place with a rock-solid image while draining the battery. I hadn't even noticed that the RTH beeping had stopped! I hit RTH again and my Mini flew straight back to me and landed with about 10% battery remaining! I felt equal parts relieved and foolish!

A true confessions thread!

Reactions: sage32 and PBDawg
Some days nothing goes right. My Smart Controller said the compass needed to be calibrated so I refreshed my memory about holding it horizontally and turning around then do the same holding it vertically. So I went outside and holding it horizontally, I turned around once and nothing happened. I did it again, still nothing. I tried it vertically and still nothing. As I was standing there wondering what was wrong, it suddenly occurred to me that the drone was still inside on the table and I was going around with the controller. I went and got drone and a minute later the compass was calibrated and I had remembered some words that I had forgotten and said some of them. ........Don't break anything laughing...........
I have walked around looking for my full face helmet while wearing it visor up, (my son looked at me like the idiot I was when I asked if he’d seen it) so..............
how many of us look for our glasses or phone while in our possession? And keys? Please tell me I’m not alone with these moments of senility!

Reactions: Zonian and Tentoes
No, I used to like to fly whenever the Navy didn't have my attention. Before I got my license I used to 'ride along' with the pilots in anything that had 2 seats. In 5 flights it ended up in being a one way trip. After #5 ended badly somebody said I should find a safer hobby so I took up riding Harleys.
Yeah, I had to stop riding bicycles, so I changed to Harley’s too.

I have walked around looking for my full face helmet while wearing it visor up, (my son looked at me like the idiot I was when I asked if he’d seen it) so..............
how many of us look for our glasses or phone while in our possession? And keys? Please tell me I’m not alone with these moments of senility!
nope...you are definitely not alone. I once looked all over the house for about 40 minutes for my cheaters...finally I asked my wife if she'd seen them. She looked at me with the straightest face and said, "you mean the ones on your head?"

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Noob
I forget my glasses or wallet a lot but currently my worst problem is my zipper (I'm 72, wait until you get there). On more than one occasion I've forgotten to pull up my zipper when I put on my pants. Yesterday when I went to the Post Office I held the door open for a lady who was coming out. She stopped in the doorway, smiling, and said "You are really proud of something or you forgot to do something" then looked at my pants. Sure enough the zipper was down. Give me a break, at least I did have my pants on.

I go to a little church that meets in the pastor's house for Sunday night. The big church in some of my videos is the Sunday morning church. A figit spinner is kindof important. Well, Sunday Night after the sermon, I was sitting on the couch and could not find it. Checked the pocket. Looked around the couch. Checked between the cushions. People were beginning to snicker. I wondered if I had accidentally donated a spinner to my favorite 9-year-old. After causing quite a commotion, I found it.

It was in the wrong pocket.

Reactions: Mr. Noob
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki