DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you land in the ocean...

JeepDSL

Reactions
I got my hands on a Mavic that crashed in the ocean (supposedly lost GPS and went down; only in water 20 seconds). The owner tried drying it out but when it was powered on it stated to smoke. The salt water had corroded components and left too many electrically conductive deposits on the boards. As soon as he got it out of the ocean, he should have immediately flushed it with fresh water (as we divers do with our camera equipment) or an electronic component cleaner to try to save it.

Anyway, here's what it looked like when I took it apart.

PICT0001.JPG PICT0002.JPG PICT0003.JPG PICT0004.JPG PICT0005.JPG PICT0006.JPG

Thanks @Blades.

The core board looks smoked, FC ESC board might be smoked as well, but the gimbal board might be able to be salvaged with some alcohol. How does the gimbal look? Im guessing the battery is bad as well?

Reactions: Blades
Thanks @Blades.

The core board looks smoked, FC ESC board might be smoked as well, but the gimbal board might be able to be salvaged with some alcohol. How does the gimbal look? Im guessing the battery is bad as well?
Every board suffered damage. If you look closely at the gimbal board you'll see that some of the cable connectors are damaged. Sea water got into everything, corroded connections, and rusted some parts. It even got into the screw threads.

I don't think the battery I got with it is the one that went into the drink.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929