DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you want to keep flying your drone (In Australia) you will need to register it with CASA.

Squidinc

I come from a land “down under”
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtu.be
Hi guys,

Had to happen I guess. Just been listening to Stephen Fenech on his podcast "Tech Guide".

Australians will soon need to register their drones as more and more users are taking to the sky each month. The move by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) will help ensure pilots are flying their drones safely and responsibly.

Like the registration for your car, a drone registration will make people accountable for their drone and the way they fly it.

Drones flown for work will need to be registered regardless of their type and weight. Registrations open on September 30, 2020 and will be required by January 28, 2021 and will be valid for 12 months.

Even if you are flying for fun, all drones weighing more than 250g will need to be registered but these registrations won’t come into effect until May 2022.

Drones weighing less than 250g and drones that are only flown indoors will not need to be registered.

Registration of a drone will require a description of the drone (make, model, serial number, weight and type of drone), a myCASA account and the applicant will need to be at least 16 years old.

All the details can be found on this link: If you want to keep flying your drone you will need to register it with CASA - Tech Guide

It doesn’t hurt a bit I promise. ?

Awesome! Looks like they want to help making sure who fly the drone knows the rules and control a bit the hobby! Not stopping it!

For example in Romania is almost impossible to fly legally!
First you have to pay 100Euro fee for registration your drone if weight more than 500 grams! (that's ok).

But after that, every time you want to fly, you have to ask permission at least one week prior flying from two institutions!
And you do have to specify the location, time, and everything!

As a hobby is hard to tell what and where i will fly next week :))

But the authorities and people are cool! never had problems and people are more fascinated about drones and want to learn more.

But in case of an accident or if you fly in a forbidden place ... the law will not be on your side if you didn't got the permission for the flight.

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S