DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm amazed it survived the crash and fall into water.

pickett22

Reactions
So I'm filming in a tropical canyon with my Zoom leading up to a high waterfall, I do some maneuvers around my subject and started going sideways and WHAM, into the side of the rock formation and down into the water.

I know - I shouldn't have been going sideways...
"The Lateral Vision System requires better lighting and more textured or clearly marked obstacles, and cannot sense dynamic obstacles such as people, vehicles, tree branches or blinking lights."

My subject was able to retrieve the drone within a minute of being in the water. I noticed a couple of the blades were chipped.

I made it home as soon as possible and started blowing out water from all ports. I then set the drone on top of a fan for several hours. The next day the drone flew perfectly and did not have to be re calibrated - the only issue was the battery. Initially the green light on top was on but the next day it would not light up. After being away for work 6 days I tried the button again and voila it lit up and took a charge. My next test will be to see if it provides the same amount of flight time as the other batteries.

Kudos to DJI for building a tough bird - you could improve the Lateral Vision system though.

My other huge mistake was not checking the quality of the GPS signal - the high cliff walls of the waterfall blocked most of the GPS signal. I was unable to climb to the max height, I later assumed because of the lack of GPS signal.

Reactions: joeywestside
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000