DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm building an application to download your flight logs from the DJI Cloud

No Mac support, no me support.

Looking forward to this app! When it arrives on scene, please update us here so I can buy a copy @msinger - this is a great idea!

@TonyPHX I'll post more details here as I have them. I'm going to release a web version (so anyone can use it) with some basic functionality that can be used for free. And then bolt on some additional features, create an application to auto download to a computer, etc. for a small cost for those people who are interested in that extra functionality.

I want to help beta test.

Is it too late to be involved in the testing of your Windows application? I'm interested.

No. You can delete flight logs in DJI Fly, but I'm not sure if that actually deletes them from the DJI cloud.
deleting logs from the app does not delete them from the cloud, that applies to Go, Go4 and Fly, tested ...... many times lol

I'm curious. How did you test that?
I don't keep any logs on the phone, they are moved to storage, moving deletes the original. If I then do a sync on an empty phone the previously synced logs are restored. If I delete those logs and the folders created during the sync and do another sync the logs are again restored.

Same thing happens if I uninstall the app and remove all "dji.go.v5" folders then reinstall the app. An uninstall appears to leave much, if not all, of the App's file data-storage? system behind.
If the old version of the app was a pre log-storage-location-switch version I have occasionally deleted the entire "DJI" folder i.e. Phone/DJI/dji.go.v5 . From memory, in those versions the relevant section in the Phone/Android/.... section or perhaps Phone/Android/data/.... section, is empty.

I haven't gone so far as to do a phone reset to factory-state.

The above is all on Android since, with Android, I can subsequently reinstall any version of the App that I want.
I haven't messed with the iPhone since I rarely use it and if I reinstalled the app I believe I would be forced to install the then current version of the App.

Last edited:
I'm building an application to download your flight logs from the DJI Cloud.

A lot of people struggle with downloading TXT flight logs from their DJI drones. And for those people who know how to do it, it's not a quick/easy process (especially if flying with multiple devices).

Here are the features I have in mind for the first version of the application:
  • View a list of TXT flight logs available in the DJI Cloud (those you've synced in DJI Fly/GO or other DJI apps)
  • Download one or more TXT flight logs to a folder of your choice
  • Enable auto sync to auto download new flight logs as they are available in the DJI Cloud
  • Windows only (and maybe a web version later for Mac/Linux users)
Want to contribute?
  • Comment below with any additional features you'd like to see
  • Reply with "I want to help beta test" if you'd like to try the application before it's officially released
I would like to participate in the development of this app. I teach a Drone training certificate program at Chippewa Valley Tech College and manage 10-12 drones, I need a way to manage batteries mostly and have tried a few applications to do so but they come up short. I need a solid battery tracking / management solution in addition to the flight tracking. I am also a software developer instructor and would like to help on the development side if needed. Besides just downloading txt files the biggest need is reporting and analyzing the data. I tried the trial of Flight Reader, and its a good start but just a log viewer, I need more of the aggregate data and not just specific flight details. How can I help get the analysis side of things integrated?

tried the trial of Flight Reader, and its a good start but just a log viewer, I need more of the aggregate data and not just specific flight details
Flight Reader can generate customizable aircraft/battery reports for any period of time.

1704390166197.png

• Love
Reactions: TonyPHX
I tried that but all I found was the option for exporting another spreadsheet, as stated on the flight reader website
"Aircraft & battery reports
Generate a CSV report showing an overview of all flights for a specific aircraft/battery".
Maybe I missed it, I had a short window within my 7 day trial to test. I'll see if I can try the solo plan to test on one drone, for a report instead of a spreadsheet on information that can help me determine a batteries health and condition based on all of its flights.

Looking for voltage issues or changes in cell voltage over time or increased deviations, reduced flight time, number of charges, increased temps, etc. Things like, tracking the battery for the first 5-10 flights to get baseline data then when new flights are uploaded a comparison such as.... Battery xxxxx averaged only 24 minute flights the last 5 flights before reaching the 20% mark instead of 36 when the battery was new. I think the logs had a number of fields related to the battery that I saw during my trial but I don't remember all of them off the top of my head.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13