DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm Furious! Mini 3 Pro Can't Fly Waypoint Missions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or another brand. DJI isn't the only manufacturer in the world.

1 company's failure to address market interests is an opportunity for others to fill it.

Besides, the way things seem to be going, with the US gov't banning the use of Chinese products & services, like DJI & TikTok, only opens those opportunities for others.

Hope springs eternal for viable competition in the drone market. 🥰

Or another brand. DJI isn't the only manufacturer in the world.

1 company's failure to address market interests is an opportunity for others to fill it.

Besides, the way things seem to be going, with the US gov't banning the use of Chinese products & services, like DJI & TikTok, only opens those opportunities for others.

Hope springs eternal for viable competition in the drone market. 🥰
Mmm, yeah... but,

Don't think I exaggerate if saying that DJI is & have for a long time been the most innovative of the different manufacturers, providing high quality & price competitive drone systems for both the consumer & professional markets... no one else comes close, that's why they are market leaders.

So for years it have been possible for others to step up & supersede DJI... not only when it comes to single functions, instead a whole better system. But that haven't happened yet... must be a reason for that.

So just banning the best of the bunch will not give us better drone systems for less $$$... instead we most probably need to settle with less for more $$$.

Then I agree that DJI have grown to be too dominant which in some cases put us customers aside, but banning them will not magically make other manufactures start to produce anything better than they already do today.

Mmm, yeah... but,

Don't think I exaggerate if saying that DJI is & have for a long time been the most innovative of the different manufacturers, providing high quality & price competitive drone systems for both the consumer & professional markets... no one else comes close, that's why they are market leaders.

So for years it have been possible for others to step up & supersede DJI... not only when it comes to single functions, instead a whole better system. But that haven't happened yet... must be a reason for that.

So just banning the best of the bunch will not give us better drone systems for less $$$... instead we most probably need to settle with less for more $$$.

Then I agree that DJI have grown to be too dominant which in some cases put us customers aside, but banning them will not magically make other manufactures start to produce anything better than they already do today.
Let me clarify, the US gov't ban only applies to official gov't use, NOT the private consumer market, & that ban extends to Russian products & services too, like Telegram.

I just hope that I can still buy Pertsovka, my fav all-time best vodka for Bloody Marys… 😎

Yep, or ANY model from ANY manufacturer other than DJI -- and I probably will.
My Hubsan doesn't. Nor my Tello. Or Parrot Mamba. Or all of my GPS capable non-DJI drones.

It is simply false that ANY model from ANY manufacturer other than DJI will do waypoints. In fact many don't have RTH.

There's a reason DJI products are expensive. You want the best, it's gonna cost you.

My Hubsan doesn't. Nor my Tello. Or Parrot Mamba. Or all of my GPS capable non-DJI drones.

It is simply false that ANY model from ANY manufacturer other than DJI will do waypoints. In fact many don't have RTH.

There's a reason DJI products are expensive. You want the best, it's gonna cost you.
Well, if you can find any GPS-enabled drone that doesn't support waypoints, then I'll have to change my assertion to "ALMOST ANY model by any other manufacturer," but I've never seen one. It appears that the Tello doesn't have GPS except as an add-on, and it appears that if you do that, there is a third-party app for waypoints. A quick search found one reference that says the Parrot Mamba does not have GPS. I don't know what model Hubsan you're referring to, but the GPS ones I've looked at did support waypoints.

Hate to see you go...
Me too! When DJI said they would at least support the SDK for the Mini 3 Pro, so Dronelink use was possible, I was really looking forward to buying one!

In the meantime, I'm happy to keep this thread kicked to alert potential buyers who also think it's a necessary feature. And comments from people who want me to know how little they care are just as useful for that purpose. Thumbswayup

This Thread has completely when off-topic, been highjacked (no longer about the OP's question), and has run its course.

1671477792414.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky