DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm getting a motor error warning and a weird sound coming from my ma2. Is this a concern?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland SpaceAlien1313.

It may be of some concern.

What is the error code number?

The sound inside may be the cooling fan. ?

If you could post a short video clip of the problem, we may be able to help.

Post the video clip on YouTube or similar sight and then copy / paste the link back to here for a diagnosis.

The aircraft may have to go to DJI for service if it's something major.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Yes.... do not fly until you find which motor is causing the problem.

Reactions: tlswift58
Welcome to the forum, good luck finding out the problem. If its new should be no problem getting it fixed or replaced.

Reactions: MA2 317
Not really sure what to put down here. title speaks for itself

Are the motors turning freely if you turn by hand? They should all feel the same and very little resistance.

A motor error may give you the motor number to refer too.

Is it having any effect on flight and stability?

If you are using FLY APP 1.2.1 or older versions, the log inside the phone will enable the reasons to be identified by some members here.

In this recent case, motor error warning is believed to be due to prop icing. I believe any abnromally large loading on the motors will trigger the warning.

Last edited:
Sorry if I cannot respond to all reply's! I had no Idea this forum was so active and thoughtful! Thanks to all who took the time to respond and welcome me to the forum :) I was getting Motor Error: Check props and fly with caution (Code: 30163) When I inspected the drone nothing seems to be wrong, all motors and props are fully functional.

Reactions: MA2 317
Sorry if I cannot respond to all reply's! I had no Idea this forum was so active and thoughtful! Thanks to all who took the time to respond and welcome me to the forum :) I was getting Motor Error: Check props and fly with caution (Code: 30163) When I inspected the drone nothing seems to be wrong, all motors and props are fully functional.

There was recently a post here in the Forum with the same error.

I noticed when flying my other aircraft, the Spark, I would occasionally get some sort of a motor error code (maximum speed, etc.) but I have had no issues with the flight and still happily flying it today.

It may be because it was windy or I did an abrupt maneuver that puts strain on the motors and the software picks it up.

These messages come and go and as advised "Fly with caution". :)

So its not so big of a deal If I get this error while flying correct?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127