DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Images contain colored stripes when transferred to mobile device

Arnt

Reactions
Anyone have any idea why that happen?
DJI mavic 3 classic
Formatted the card and tried again but with same result.
See attached file

Attachments

• dji_fly_20230512_133640_151_1683904230900_photo.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 32
This happens because of a bug in Apple software for preview files.. Lots of posts about it.
Nothing wrong with your files, they are OK.
Hilsen fra nord i Norge :)

Reactions: GadgetGuy and Arnt
Did a flight with video recording and it is all fine. So you’re probably right

Did a flight with video recording and it is all fine. So you’re probably right
Yes, this has been reported many times. It was caused by an update in Apple OS. DJI says they are working with Apple to find a fix. But the important thing is that your files are perfectly OK.

Found that the problem is with RAW. Changed the settings to J+R and the images are fine.
However there is one thing I don’t understand; when using J+R, I can only see the jpeg file not the raw file. Can anyone explain this to me?

Memory card. I thought it would be one image of each (raw and jpeg)
Yes, the raw has extension DNG. They might be in another folder than the jpg's.
What program do you use to view the files?

Yes, this has been reported many times. It was caused by an update in Apple OS. DJI says they are working with Apple to find a fix. But the important thing is that your files are perfectly OK.
You are right. Opening the same bad file from Apple pictures in LR gives a perfect result.

Apple pictures
And you can not see the DNG-files?
Try another way to view what is on the sd-card. I don't know Apple PC's, but in Windows there is a file explorer program, that shows all files on a drive. I am sure Apple has something similar. The rawfiles should have the same name as the jpg, only a different extension.

And you can not see the DNG-files?
Try another way to view what is on the sd-card. I don't know Apple PC's, but in Windows there is a file explorer program, that shows all files on a drive. I am sure Apple has something similar. The rawfiles should have the same name as the jpg, only a different extension.
Thanks. I will try that on my Mac when I get back from traveling.

I just downloaded some footage and photos from my Mavic 3 last night and found that same issue. Glad you posted this because I was ready to send my drone back to DJI for repair.

Reactions: Arnt
I just downloaded some footage and photos from my Mavic 3 last night and found that same issue. Glad you posted this because I was ready to send my drone back to DJI for repair.
I was about to do the same and contacted the retailer where I bought mine. Now shooting in raw, I import the files in LR.
Thanks to all that contributed in this thread.

Anyone have any idea why that happen?
DJI mavic 3 classic
Formatted the card and tried again but with same result.
See attached file
I just recently started having the same issue after transferring files to my Mac. If I opened the files in "Preview" on my Mac, it showed the same color bandings yoiu mention. It only seems to be an issue with "preview mode". I opened the files in Photoshop, and the images were perfect. I'm pretty sure the issue has to do with the IOS update. Hopefully this gets fixed with the next update. I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with your drone.

Reactions: Arnt
I just recently started having the same issue after transferring files to my Mac. If I opened the files in "Preview" on my Mac, it showed the same color bandings yoiu mention. It only seems to be an issue with "preview mode". I opened the files in Photoshop, and the images were perfect. I'm pretty sure the issue has to do with the IOS update. Hopefully this gets fixed with the next update. I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with your drone.
I picked up the file from the camera roll and opened it in LR and the issue disappeared. So the file is in perfect condition.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929