DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Immage disruption . . .

Whitwellian

Reactions
Hello, I've had my Mavic Pro for a week now. The first time I used it I left the transparent "protector" in place after removing the gimbal clamp. As you can see from the attached picture there is a white line curving from just above centre left to just to the right of centre bottom.

The sun was shining from the top left of the frame.

In a video that I took at the same time, the curved line appears to "shimmer" but doesn't appear to move much relative to the frame in spite of me turning the Mavic through about 90 degrees during the flight and pointing it more towards the sun.

I have examined the protector carefully and can see no evidence of scratches of other marks.

The lens appears to be blemish free.

When flying on later days I tried flying without the protector and could see no evidence of an image fault.

I would prefer to fly with the gimbal protector in place but am very puzzled as to the cause of the problem and a cure that will provide protection to the gimbal & camera.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing the problem will be greatly appreciated.

In the near future I intend to purchase a set of camera filters (source in UK not decided yet).DJI_0001.JPG

The problem is that the dome is just a cheap piece of plastic that has no optical quality at all. You're best to leave it off because there is no way to avoid getting lens flare from it.

Reactions: Bigfoot
I only use it to protect during transport for the exact reasons mentioned. It serves no other purpose.

Many thanks for your speedy replies.

I suspected the remark about it being "cheap plastic" would be part of the replies.

To that end have just ordered a simple anti-glare lens hood - just for a little extra protection whilst in flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d