DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Imperial Palace Tokyo

netprophet

Reactions
Well, had a first today. Somewhere I could not fly my drone! I have managed to overcome all previous obstacles. Airport proximity, Pyramids (if I so wished) etc... As there is an over-ride option and various warnings you must heed and agree to. However, in the center of Tokyo (not because of the buildings I suspect) but I believe because of the proximity of the Imperial Palace. Looks like the imperial family, has manage to technically block the GPS connection the drone uses. " The current Imperial Palace (皇居, Kōkyo) is located on the former site of Edo Castle, a large park area surrounded by moats and massive stone walls in the center of Tokyo, a short walk from Tokyo Station. It is the residence of Japan's Imperial Family."

Where abouts are you staying in Tokyo?
Pretty much all of metropolitan Tokyo is an NFZ unfortunately, but for understandable reasons. It is a pretty built up area, full of people, vehicles, shrines and so on.
There are a few open spaces and parks, some of them quite big, like the Imperial Palace Gardens you mentioned - really beautiful and would make for some great aerial shots.

BUT the problem is drone flying is banned in ALL public parks and gardens in Tokyo.

If you're based in the city it might be worth catching a train out of town - there are some quietish places at various points along the Tama River if you go out west as far as Fuchu (you should be out of the NFZ for Chofu airport), or in the other direction there should be some drone friendly spots in Chiba.

I'm expecting to do another trip out to Japan myself at some point this year so I'm always interested to hear suggestions for good flying locations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229