DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMPORTANT: DO NOT UPDATE TO 01.00.1100 IF YOU USE AN FCC HACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamalien

Reactions
Just updated and noticed that dronehack's FCC mode isn't working anymore. Am in the UK so this is truly diabolical news, even 500-700m without the feed becoming unstable and dropping to 720p 30fps is a stretch now so I may have to sell my mavic 3 if downgrading isn't possible. Back to a slow mini 3 I guess where that sort of 'solid-signal' range doesn't feel as severely limiting

@Jamalien obviously the recent changes to the UK VLOS rules ,dont seem to apply to you
if you can tell visually which way your Mini 3 is facing ,when you are 700m away then you must have very good eyesight indeed

• Haha
Reactions: stooge75
Just updated and noticed that dronehack's FCC mode isn't working anymore. Am in the UK so this is truly diabolical news, even 500-700m without the feed becoming unstable and dropping to 720p 30fps is a stretch now so I may have to sell my mavic 3 if downgrading isn't possible. Back to a slow mini 3 I guess where that sort of 'solid-signal' range doesn't feel as severely limiting
Thanks for the heads up, but why on earth did you update the FW? Any recent FW updates to older aircraft only cripple them, and prevent rollback to earlier hackable FW, as DJI plugs the leaks the hacks exploit! Lesson learned, hopefully!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
How are you using the Hack? I am using the Drone Hacks app and before I sold the Mavic 3 just after ordering the Pro, my FCC hack was still working and the Mavic 3 was on the latest FW. I have the FCC hack on the RC Pro with DH and it works great, even puts the Mini 3 Pro in FCC when using the RC Pro

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks for the heads up, but why on earth did you update the FW? Any recent FW updates to older aircraft only cripple them, and prevent rollback to earlier hackable FW, as DJI plugs the leaks the hacks exploit! Lesson learned, hopefully!
I did check the dronehacks birdmap before updating but stupidly read 1000 (which is still good for FCC mode) as 1100 lol. Lesson learned indeed 😭

How are you using the Hack? I am using the Drone Hacks app and before I sold the Mavic 3 just after ordering the Pro, my FCC hack was still working and the Mavic 3 was on the latest FW. I have the FCC hack on the RC Pro with DH and it works great, even puts the Mini 3 Pro in FCC when using the RC Pro
Very interesting. Might not be just the mavic update to v.1100, it could be the recent android APK update in conjunction that botched it. Will experiment. Am using the same dronehacks app as you btw

Very interesting. Might not be just the mavic update to v.1100, it could be the recent android APK update in conjunction that botched it. Will experiment. Am using the same dronehacks app as you btw
Another lesson I learned the hard way a long time ago with DJI is to sandbox all my drones, by turning off all device automatic updates and never updating the OS of the device used with each aircraft, and dedicated a device to each aircraft, and not accepting any available FW updates. Any change in the OS, the app, or the drone FW can ruin a perfectly good system. If it ain't broken, don't let anyone go fixin' it!

At least over there there’s a large subset, perhaps even majority of the population, that care more about their liberties than capitulating to each and every thing their government says.
Drone Police : There in the US also , and keep in mind its not all falling presidents , DJI also limits are drones with some pretty strong rules where the drone will not fly past.

Hacks work the same there as here , but they require a continued effort to use them as I still use them on my Phantom 4 pro which is dedicated drone to having a little more freedom/speed/height where and If I need it. These type of drones are perfect as there no longer updated.

I feel that surroundings should dictate if u go 3000 ft or beyond over water an that birds are the #1 Threat.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
People like you really annoy me. People who not only bend the knee to government regulations, but seem to get off to them, no matter how asinine the regulations are are. Do you hate your freedom? People like you are why I’m moving the USA asap. At least over there there’s a large subset, perhaps even majority of the population, that care more about their liberties than capitulating to each and every thing their government says.

Even if I couldn’t see which way my Mavic 3 (not mini 3) is facing at 700m (I can easily), if I’m flying over unpopulated land or open water, frankly I don’t give a **** about the EU/UK drone regs. What safety purpose does VLOS have when over open water. None. Get a grip
I believe the VLOS rules are more about not being able to see what's going on around the aircraft and general situational awareness. Your camera is just looking forward and doesn't really show you what's coming from the sides or above which you generally need to know. By the way, the US also has strict VLOS rules, so there's really no difference in that regard.

@Jamalien you, my young fellow flyer ,are why the rules are being implemented in the first place,
and with an attitude like yours ,you would be better off going across the pond ,finding a nice uninhabited spot, thousands of miles from anyone ,and living in a cave

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Greasy and KB9Radio
Stay on topic and stay civil or this thread will be closed. Some posts have been removed already.

@Jamalien you, my young fellow flyer ,are why the rules are being implemented in the first place,
and with an attitude like yours ,you would be better off going across the pond ,finding a nice uninhabited spot, thousands of miles from anyone ,and living in a cave
Well ‘my elderly fellow flyer’, you started and continue the hostility by being condescending. And no, whilst some drone laws are very reasonable, some such as VLOS in a lot of circumstances are plainly asinine, vague, and unenforceable.

1686441514963.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest