DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Calibration Stalls

All firmware (drone, RC, batteries) up to date, and consistent?

When I try to calibrate my mini 3 pro IMU, it stalls at step 2 at 95 %.
Calibration not needed, just thought I would do it to be safe.
Any thoughts.
My friend had the same experience with his Mini SE. The plan was to calibrate the compass since it was the first flight, but IMU calibration was accidentally selected instead. It stalled at 95% and was a challenge to override.

When I try to calibrate my mini 3 pro IMU, it stalls at step 2 at 95 %.
Calibration not needed, just thought I would do it to be safe.
Any thoughts.
you don’t say how long you waited during the stall. Although I’ve never had yr experience specifically, updates will often stall for minutes and then mysterious takeoff again. Try leaving it and see if it eventually picks up and completes the calibration.

Last edited:
I will suggest he give it more time. We gave it ~5 minutes, which may not seem like much, but he only had one battery for his new SE and the battery time isn’t all that long.

HI All,
Just wondering if anyone has found a solution to the IMU stalling issue. I started my Mini 3 today and received an error requiring me to calibrate the IMU. Several attempts brought up the same result in that it stalled stage 2/5 @ 95% and the drone shut down due to no action for a long period. This one is confusing me as it's the first time I have had this error message. Unsure what to do next. Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers

I recently saw that a well known forum member explain that you have to pay attention to the photo to the left on the calibrating screen to see what orientation the M3Pro has to changed to. It's waiting for you to correctly match the Aircraft's orientation each time (on it's back/on it's tail etc.) before it continues. Probably the screen text also changes, but I guess all we notice is the stalled % counter. Can someone please give credit to whomever posted the solution a few days ago as I forget, or had my EyesWideShut again...

Reactions: Prt60
I recently saw that a well known forum member explain that you have to pay attention to the photo to the left on the calibrating screen to see what orientation the M3Pro has to changed to. It's waiting for you to correctly match the Aircraft's orientation each time (on it's back/on it's tail etc.) before it continues. Probably the screen text also changes, but I guess all we notice is the stalled % counter. Can someone please give credit to whomever posted the solution a few days ago as I forget, or had my EyesWideShut again...
Thanks so much for your advice mate I really appreciate it. I ran the IMU calibration process again today and it work through to 100% all ok. I must admit when the photo changes it is super fast and a little hard to determine the drone position. For others it is top side up first, one side, then the other, then upside down adn fish off top up. I will endeavour to ensure my eyes are wide 'open' next time haha.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661