DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Imu calibration, won’t change past 1st position.

Kiwicbrthou

Reactions
After a little swim in the pool (fresh water), and getting her dry again I have an imu error.
After many hours searching google I have seen various issues with people not watching the pictures in the go4 app telling them what position to move the drone to.
My problem is that the blue bar gets to about 90% finished but the picture of the drone doesn’t change to move onto step 2 of the calibration process and then it cancels after the fan comes on and it gets too hot and I get an error code 13 temp warning.
Any thoughts on how I can get this working.
The camera screen also has pink and purple lines running through it but that’s for another day!
Thanks for any thoughts.

You have a few different problems.
  1. IMU error - Im guessing that this is a problem with your ESC FC board. Your IMU might have gotten damaged in the drink, and thats why it wont calibrate. Go to your sensors page in DJI Go, and see what the IMU status' are.
  2. Pink and purple lines in the video indicate an intermittent video signal. It might be moisture in one of your LVDS connectors, or a damaged LVDS cable. Your gimbal will have to be disassembled to troubleshoot this problem.
  3. When you say, "...calibration process cancels after the fan comes on and it gets too hot and I get an error code 13 temp warning," can you say how hot is hot? Is the drone getting hot or are you just getting the error message? The temperature error message might be related to #1 above. If the fan comes on and is cooling the boards, and you are able to touch the botttom plate without getting burned, the message will go away after troubleshooting the IMU calibration problem.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone to all my American friends!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrmund
The only thing I can see on the sensors page for the imu is either calibrating or calibration failed, not 100% sure what I’m supposed to be looking for on there to be honest.
And as for the drone getting too hot, definitely not to hot to touch, only a little bit hot, but nothing major imo!
If I go into the sensor screen with the drone off it has yellow dots next to both the acc1 and acc2 and n/a after both of them and also after gyro 1 and 2.
And the gimbal won’t actually move at all.

Last edited:
If you know the steps. When it sits there doing nothing. Move the drone to the next step anyway. And sometimes it then kicks back onto gear for the rest of it. I've also had it do it with the steps out of sink. It's a pain. I deleted the app. Reinstalled it. And then it worked fine again

After a little swim in the pool (fresh water), and getting her dry again I have an imu error.
Ummm - gasp! - Can you give a little more info regarding what you did to dry out your Drone [& which model?] ...???
It's an aircraft - not a submarine - so that in itself could explain a lot of your issues.

If you know the steps. When it sits there doing nothing. Move the drone to the next step anyway. And sometimes it then kicks back onto gear for the rest of it. I've also had it do it with the steps out of sink. It's a pain. I deleted the app. Reinstalled it. And then it worked fine again

Yeah tried that, no joy unfortunately.
Reinstalled the go 4 app and as soon as I connect the drone to the controller the controllers says system warning check the app.
The only thing the app says is there’s a gimbal issue.
And when I try to calibrate the imu I get a totally different calibration process where it shows 2 progress bars but neither move off 0%.
I bought the drone 2nd hand so I don’t know if that’s a process every new drone has to go through.

Ummm - gasp! - Can you give a little more info regarding what you did to dry out your Drone [& which model?] ...???
It's an aircraft - not a submarine - so that in itself could explain a lot of your issues.

Ya think?!
It’s a Mavic Pro, first version.
And it has been in a warm room in front of a fan for about 3 days.

You have a few different problems.
  1. IMU error - Im guessing that this is a problem with your ESC FC board. Your IMU might have gotten damaged in the drink, and thats why it wont calibrate. Go to your sensors page in DJI Go, and see what the IMU status' are.
  2. Pink and purple lines in the video indicate an intermittent video signal. It might be moisture in one of your LVDS connectors, or a damaged LVDS cable. Your gimbal will have to be disassembled to troubleshoot this problem.
  3. When you say, "...calibration process cancels after the fan comes on and it gets too hot and I get an error code 13 temp warning," can you say how hot is hot? Is the drone getting hot or are you just getting the error message? The temperature error message might be related to #1 above. If the fan comes on and is cooling the boards, and you are able to touch the botttom plate without getting burned, the message will go away after troubleshooting the IMU calibration problem.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone to all my American friends!

Will be replacing the esc board and fingers crossed!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard