DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Calibration won't start

ZorAxe

Reactions
Hi guys,

I have an issue. I hit a plant when trying to land (less than 1 meter high) The drone fell to the floor and the motors stopped. The MM is now telling me to calibrate the IMU and when I press the calibrate button it takes me to the calibration screen but the problem is when I press START nothing happens. I've tried on 2 different phones and both are the same.

You think its completely broken?

Reactions: raseyf
Hi ZorAxe,

I have the same problem with my drone. On the internet i cant find anything that can solve this problem. Have you got a solution to solve this problem?

Hi ZorAxe,

I have the same problem with my drone. On the internet i cant find anything that can solve this problem. Have you got a solution to solve this problem?

Hi,

After alot of reading on the internet I found a guy who had a similar problem with his Mavic Air. He said this. Turn off the drone, hold it firmly in one hand and with the other hand give it 2-3 firm hits on the nose front. Then power up and it will all work. I know it doesnt sound like a fix but its 100% worked for me.
I tried that and it worked perfectly fine. Still flying today no issues. I had another Mavic Mini pilot with the same issue. He tried it and also worked.

Please post back here if it worked for your Mavic Mini.

Well, well, well, I can't believe it but that worked!!!!!!
I have been searching and searching.
3 firm hits on the nose with my 5 lb maul :eek::oops: and it worked.
No, really, held it in my left hand and used the heel of my right hand 3 times, firm but not too hard and IT WORKED!!!!!!

I backed my MM into a bush two days ago and it fell about 2 feet onto the lawn.
Went to fly again after seeing no visible damage.
The, "Incompatible Gimbal", notice came up.
Touched that notice and the, "Calibrate IMU", came up.
Touched that and it went to, "START".
Touched that, and ...... Nothing happened.

SOOOOOOO glad I found this.
I'm still going to search more and see what others have done to (try) and correct the issue.

Thanks again.
Jeff

My MM is doing the same thing after they sent me a replacement... but I have a Mavic Air as well.
Im not sure if doing the knock 3 times is something I would trust afterwards? Would it lose it gimbal mid flight and crash? I think I am just going to send mine back to DJI. Although with the repair center shut down, who's guess how long it will take to get replaced.

Update... Talking with DJI.. they aren't accepting shipments in California for who knows how long due to the coronavirus. That said, I tried the 3 bump. It worked, but my brain keeps asking for how long? I remember the tube tv's that we hit the side of ever so often to get a clear picture. Once DJI gives me the go ahead to ship, I am going to call them and explain this procedure and let them decide if I should send it in again or not.
Didn't intent to hijack this thread... so sorry if I did.

Last edited by a moderator:
My MM is doing the same thing after they sent me a replacement... but I have a Mavic Air as well.
Im not sure if doing the knock 3 times is something I would trust afterwards? Would it lose it gimbal mid flight and crash? I think I am just going to send mine back to DJI. Although with the repair center shut down, who's guess how long it will take to get replaced.

Update... Talking with DJI.. they aren't accepting shipments in California for who knows how long due to the coronavirus. That said, I tried the 3 bump. It worked, but my brain keeps asking for how long? I remember the tube tv's that we hit the side of ever so often to get a clear picture. Once DJI gives me the go ahead to ship, I am going to call them and explain this procedure and let them decide if I should send it in again or not.
Didn't intent to hijack this thread... so sorry if I did.

Mine did this after riding home with me in my luggage from overseas, and others report it happening after hitting bushes etc and so I think it's a hit that causes it. So far mine's been totally fine since I "bumped it back" a while ago.

Mine was next to a bush and I accidentally backed into it so that bump was very light to no jarring.
It fell a maximum of 2 feet to a grass area. Again, a light bump.
Just wonder what the "FIX" is actually fixing?

Mine was next to a bush and I accidentally backed into it so that bump was very light to no jarring.
It fell a maximum of 2 feet to a grass area. Again, a light bump.
Just wonder what the "FIX" is actually fixing?
I wonder if the gimbal somehow gets jammed and doesn't fully move around at startup, and this bumping unjams it

Mine did this after riding home with me in my luggage from overseas, and others report it happening after hitting bushes etc and so I think it's a hit that causes it. So far mine's been totally fine since I "bumped it back" a while ago.
Could be UPS threw the package and bumped it really hard.
I talked to someone in customer service, for what that is worth, and they said it was up to me if I wanted to send it in to get looked at. They passed the information on to engineering, but they said that if its now working I should be fine.

I have a Mavic mini that was giving the SAME error - your magic knock three times was a savior! Please keep us updated on what DJI says!

Zoraxes thump on the nose worked twice for me 1stvtime after a tree jumped under mm imu error, 2nd time clipped a tree 30ft drop onto leaves, battery out held mm in left hand gave it a good solid thump. Above thr "eyes" and error goe flew right away no problem thanks zoraxe!

Hi guys, I just got the same issue today.
When you say ”hitting the nose” you mean the gimbal or the part above where the two sensors are?
Thanks.

Hi guys, I just got the same issue today.
When you say ”hitting the nose” you mean the gimbal or the part above where the two sensors are?
Thanks.
Yes not responsible if it goes wrong but hold drone from underneath and with palm hit between the eyes with enough force like you would a TV or PlayStation etc standard procedure broken means hit it dont break it but don't be scared no slap a thump let us know how it goes

Yes not responsible if it goes wrong but hold drone from underneath and with palm hit between the eyes with enough force like you would a TV or PlayStation etc standard procedure broken means hit it dont break it but don't be scared no slap a thump let us know how it goes
NOT gimbal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986