DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Calibration

TR Ganey

Reactions
I normally try to fly every Saturday. I normally fly out 8 batteries and sometimes I recharge and fly more but usually not less. For some reason unknown to me my Mavic2Pro has started wanting an IMU calibration every time I fly it. I ignore it for the first flight, sometimes 2 and usually it doesn't come back that day. Then once back home I will recalibrate it and it says everything is fine until the next time I fly it. Then we start all over again. Any idea why it keeps needing calibrated. No crashes, no hard landings, no loaning it to friends.

Reactions: SirLancelot
I have to recalibrate my Mavic 2 Zoom every time I start to fly as well. Seemed to happen with the last firmware update.

Its not a bad thing to do it, just somewhat annoying.

I haven't done an IMU on my M2 in months. Did they fix the app instructions? They used to be out of order. IE turn on left side when it should be right.

I haven’t done an update since I first got it last year. I might add I don’t intend to do any updates. The bird has always flown fine with that version of firm/software. All I hear and read and hear about updates are horror stories about things not working like they should and more and more restrictions and control by dji. I suppose I will just keep calibrating .

After each update, you MUST calibrate IMU and COMPASS!!!

Reactions: mereflyer
After each update, you MUST calibrate IMU and COMPASS!!!
Yea where do u get such info? Because i havent done this in months with 4 of my dji ac...op is saying that the app is wanting him to cal imu every flight which isnt normal. Only time u should cal imu is if ac is flying strange or apps asks u too...and as for compass i dont do it unless red arrow on map is off and not showing correct orientation....no problems

Last edited:
Personally if I was having that problem I would go out in the yard do a complete IMU calibration away from everything. You may have some kind of interference going on where your doing it. If nothing else have Sar or meta take a look at your log they are the best at evaluating your issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme