DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Error

NCKen

Reactions
I just received my new Mavic 2 Pro and after all required updates to the firmware aircraft & smart controller at first text flight the smart controller displayed IMU Error Calibrate IMU. So I calibrated at least 3 times, Check all the other firmware and made sure I am running all the latest updates, etc. and still have IMU Error right out of the box. Bought directly from DJI - Called DJI yesterday for help and all they say is to rerun the aircraft for repair.

I must say DJI, as much as these unit costs now I do not think it's asking too much for a new replacement, not a repair.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I wouldn't even have called DJI, unless that's who you bought it from, in which case it would have been to request a return (total refund if they're not offering replacement with new).

Yes, if it's brand new, you should be able to exchange for another brand new unit.

Chris

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Don’t think DJI actually repairs drones. My experience was getting a new, or at least a “couldn’t tell from new” drone when I crashed my MPP. They even recorded the new serial on their site by the time (8 days from claim using DJICARE) I recurved it.

I live in Australia and had a similar issue, this was after 6 weeks or so, I took it back to JB Hifi which would be your Best buy equivalent, they replaced the complete drone on the spot no questions asked.

If I was I was in your shoes, I would be pushing for a new replacement swap, Dji is just using the standard procedure of send it in for assessment.

Good luck.

I am in no way assuming that your issue was/is like mine was. I am only replying to shed light on the situation I had in the hopes that it may help someone else.

My M2P started giving problems indicating that I needed to re-calibrate the IMU and I tried it several times on my laptop. The next time I would take it out it would do the same thing. I finally did it on me regular PC that has a much larger screen and since then I have not had any issues. I have no idea why it would make a difference but for me it did.

I just received my new Mavic 2 Pro and after all required updates to the firmware aircraft & smart controller at first text flight the smart controller displayed IMU Error Calibrate IMU. So I calibrated at least 3 times, Check all the other firmware and made sure I am running all the latest updates, etc. and still have IMU Error right out of the box. Bought directly from DJI - Called DJI yesterday for help and all they say is to rerun the aircraft for repair.

I must say DJI, as much as these unit costs now I do not think it's asking too much for a new replacement, not a repair.

Just my 2 cents but when possible I would never buy directly from DJI.Their return/replacement policy seems to be more difficult/cumbersome than BH,Best Buy,Amazon.I got my M2Pro from BH a year ago and found the lens to be decentered.They let me keep the bad one to practice flying(my first drone)until the new one arrived a couple of days later.Easy to do the same with Amazon.Set up a return and buy a new one.Addicted to drones-please help?

Reactions: Gindra and bebbe
This last July I bought a new Mavic 2 Pro with a Smart Controller from Amazon Prime. Right from the first flight the Aircraft flew beautifully but I had Smart Controller problems! After 3 weeks of Smart Controller problems I returned the whole Assembly back to Amazon and bought another new Mavic 2 Pro with a Smart Controller through Amazon Prime again but from a different Vendor. The second Mavic 2 Pro with a Smart Controller operated better than I ever expected. The original Vendor tried to short-change me approximately $400 so I called Amazon Customer Service who told me not to worry about anything and forced the original Vendor to return every thing that I paid. That is why I've bought all my new DJI Drones from Amazon Prime starting from my first P3A, P3P, I1V2, MP (x2), P4, P4PV2, and my last 2 M2P and DJI RE Goggles! For me their Customer Service is the best!

Calibrated the IMU from PC? That's done from the app.

Not sure what your point is.

I first attempted to calibrate the IMU using a laptop several times. Then I used my PC and it seemed to have worked fine. I would assume that anyone would know that what ever device you choose to use to calibrate the IMU would have to have the app on it.

From what I can recall, the only calibration you can do from a PC using Assistant is vision calibration. You use the Go app on a phone/tablet to calibrate the IMU.

From what I can recall, the only calibration you can do from a PC using Assistant is vision calibration. You use the Go app on a phone/tablet to calibrate the IMU.

You learn something new every day!

If you are really interested and want to see it done I can make a video and post it when I have time.

You learn something new every day!

If you are really interested and want to see it done I can make a video and post it when I have time.

Not really worth your time as there are plenty of videos available on all manner of calibrations. In particular DJI do some excellent shorts. The vision sensor calibration is dealt with in detail using a PC and the Assistant software. The IMU calibration is very simple and done via GO 4 in all the videos I have seen.

I will and many others also will have learnt something if it is done via the Assistant. To save time in making a video for us you could just do a screen grab showing just the link to doing the IMU calibration. That will be enough for us to learn our "something new" for the day.

Although probably advisable to do IMU at home on the kitchen table, doing so on site may be needed and most of us won't have a laptop handy anyway and it's not needed as it takes 2 mins max with GO 4. However always prepared to learn.

I just received my new Mavic. Pro on the Black Friday sale and open a long time setting up everything. The IMU calibrated fine on the first try ( thankfully).

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22