DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Issues

drakescherer

Reactions
Hi all!

A Couple weeks back, I accidentally flew my drone stern-first into a building. It fell about 2.5-3 stories. Needless to say it was in pretty rough shape.

After my first analysis, I needed:
Front left arm
Gimbal motor flex cable
Gimbal mount
Top plastic body.
And of course, new props.

I assembled the drone with all the new parts; took it outside and just flew it in my front yard. It was normally stable, although I had a bit of gimbal drift (this was the case prior to the crash) after I landed it, the drone asked for IMU calibration and this is where my problem started.

I attempted to do the calibration but it never finishes the first dot. The progress bar will sometimes go all the way to 99% and just hang until the drone complains about over temperature at the IMU.

I figured perhaps the IMU was damaged, so I ordered that and I put that in today but I had no change. The IMU calibration is still stuck.

I tried reflashing the firmware, tried reinstalling the app and all. Still having an issue. It is worth noting that the airflow fan has some damage to it and will function but it is quite loud.

I am now looking at replacing the entire esc board, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these types of symptoms and could offer guidance.

I bought the drone used, so refresh isn’t an option (afaik?) $$ is not really an obstacle but I am opposed to having DJI look at it and tell me its $300, knowing what the parts really cost.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic