DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU repair question, Mavic Pro

btlamar

Reactions
Replaced IMU, went really well,........ but now Im getting, IMU needs calibrated "restart aircraft" of course restarting does no good, tried firm ware changes, factory restore, searched this forum & the internet, wondering if it was really the control board that needed replaced?
Any one had any luck getting by this? any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Replaced IMU, went really well,........ but now Im getting, IMU needs calibrated "restart aircraft"
Have you recalibrated the IMU (as the message suggested) before restarting the drone?

Did it ever work? Do you mean the physical install went "well"?
Where did you verify the part number and/or get the part?
The drone was purchased new a few years ago, then it set for about a year, never crashed or moisture, yes the physical install, got it from China, part matched, I mean its easy enough to replace it again or the board, one thing I discovered is it will fly if I install NLD, controller keeps saying "check app" so I dont want to operate it that way, its just a hobby, nothing professional, hate to trash it with out trying a few options.

The drone was purchased new a few years ago, then it set for about a year, never crashed or moisture...
This is a mystery I will never understand. I have read many stories of drones that (for whatever reason) had been stored/not flown for some time (months or even a year) that just suddenly (for some reason) no longer fly. It's often a calibration issue (IMU/Compass/etc), but it's baffling none-the-less. If it was software, you'd think that others would have the same problem (assuming you are "up to date"). It's well known that batteries need to be exercised regularly to maintain capacity, but it seems as though the actual drone benefits from regular use (kind of like my vintage Nakamichi cassette deck)!

while everyone is here my pro 1 has a camera problem on startup it does its usual dance but more erratic and then just goes limp the camera dosen,t make any cense to me i replaced the vibration board twice now the first time no problem for awhile then its been jerking to the right for the last few flights so i put another vib board in it and thats how it acts now before i send it in does anybody have a suggestion

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme