DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Replacement Mavic Pro

wpayne123

Reactions
I have been scouring for over a week now, but I can't find any decent video or help on how to replace the IMU on a Mavic Pro. My IMU failed randomly, no crash, and I ordered the board to do a replacement, but all that soldering is intimidating. DJI's "Send it to us so we can charge you $65 an hour + $300 for the same board you already purchased" is kind of a jerk move on their part seeing as I have found countless threads on different websites that all suggest their IMU in the Pro is a common failure.
Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone has had experience trying to remove the glue holding the IMU sensor ribbon in place? I had read another thread that it wasn't too difficult, but no instructions on how or what tools, or maybe even a video.
Any and all help in this frustrating time would be great!

Reactions: Slade
maybe time to contact an approved DJI repairer in your area and get a quote for fitting the board

maybe time to contact an approved DJI repairer in your area and get a quote for fitting the board
Contacting a DJI approved repairer is easy once you actually manage to find one. It's finding a local one that can be a big pain in the rear. My local DJI Approved dealer only does sales, no repairs. Luckily enough I found another DJI vendor about an hour's drive away. My Mavic is with him at the minute, hopefully to be fixed for not too much ££. I'm too much of a chicken to start messing about with sensitive electronic stuff like drones. Good luck OP, I hope you manage to get it repaired.

Reactions: old man mavic
i do agree but like you i would not feel happy doing such a major repair myself, if it was something that stayed on the ground, i might give it a go but the fact that it gets air born means it has to be done right,as a mistake could be costly in damage and injury to a third party when gravity takes over

Reactions: Dave Maine
i do agree but like you i would not feel happy doing such a major repair myself, if it was something that stayed on the ground, i might give it a go but the fact that it gets air born means it has to be done right,as a mistake could be costly in damage and injury to a third party when gravity takes over
Precisely, for all those reasons it makes sense to leave the job to the professionals. Sometimes you're just better off paying up.

Reactions: Thomas B
I have been scouring for over a week now, but I can't find any decent video or help on how to replace the IMU on a Mavic Pro. My IMU failed randomly, no crash, and I ordered the board to do a replacement, but all that soldering is intimidating. DJI's "Send it to us so we can charge you $65 an hour + $300 for the same board you already purchased" is kind of a jerk move on their part seeing as I have found countless threads on different websites that all suggest their IMU in the Pro is a common failure.
Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone has had experience trying to remove the glue holding the IMU sensor ribbon in place? I had read another thread that it wasn't too difficult, but no instructions on how or what tools, or maybe even a video.
Any and all help in this frustrating time would be great!
Give @Thunderdrones a shout. I’ve never heard a negative comment on his service.

Reactions: wpayne123
i am getting IMU calibration failed error code -71 after a hard landing on my mavic pro. I tried re calibrating multiple times without any success. The error is just on ACC1 and GYRO1. ACC0 and GYRO0 is fine. I was thinking to change the imu module.This one,
US $10.74 21% OFF|Original DJI Mavic Pro Part ESC Controller Chip IMU Module Replacement for RC Drone (tested)-in Drone Accessories Kits from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
I hope its the correct one. Hopefully it will fix the problem just by replacing the module. Or do I need to replace the whole board as well ?
I have searched youtube and found 1 video of removing similar imu module but its on mavic2.

viber_image_2019-09-09_22-13-43.jpg

viber_image_2019-09-07_22-40-54.jpg

I've had an accident and the gimbal cables with the right leg in the back are broken. I changed the gimbal cables. The camera image comes up and the gimbal works on first boot. however, the system gives some faults and the gimbal does not take action from the controller. IMU indicates the sensor is not connected( IMU disconnected!).What can I do about this problem? Based on your experience, I look forward to your support and assistance.
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0112.png
    IMG_0112.png
    628.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0113.png
    IMG_0113.png
    616.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0114.png
    IMG_0114.png
    723.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0115.png
    IMG_0115.png
    685.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0120.png
    IMG_0120.png
    575.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0122.png
    IMG_0122.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0123.png
    IMG_0123.png
    298.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0124.png
    IMG_0124.png
    339.1 KB · Views: 18
replacing IMU module is the last resort. I went that route. After changing the IMU the error was gone. Sometime just unplugging and plugging the imu unit may also fix the issue.
But since you had issues with gimbal as well, it may be something more than just imu.

replacing IMU module is the last resort. I went that route. After changing the IMU the error was gone. Sometime just unplugging and plugging the imu unit may also fix the issue.
But since you had issues with gimbal as well, it may be something more than just imu.

thnx for your support. I saw that IMU sensor cable brake . I will try replacement new IMU module.

Attachments

• 1A5DBF08-B90B-4CAF-96B5-525937E12237.jpeg
    1A5DBF08-B90B-4CAF-96B5-525937E12237.jpeg
    614.1 KB · Views: 68
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas