DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

In the name of science.

There’s ships radar running at I and P bands then there is search radar for fire and target ident...... totally different beasts. If you stand near normal navigation radar it won’t present a problem, do this with Military search radar and you will be seriously hurt or killed, the power factor combined with focal range is very impressive.

There’s ships radar running at I and P bands then there is search radar for fire and target ident...... totally different beasts. If you stand near normal navigation radar it won’t present a problem, do this with Military search radar and you will be seriously hurt or killed, the power factor combined with focal range is very impressive.
That's very interesting but not many flyers are going to put their drones that close to a ship's radar.
As a flyer whose specialty is maritime photography, in over 1000 flights photographing ships, I've never had any issues with ships radar or other electronics.

You still don’t appear to understand the major difference between “Merchant ships and Navy ships” the original question was not flying near ships but naval vessels in particular having drone countermeasure. The answer is probably not, however the drone frequencies/output are so minuscule compared to the output of military radar that the RFI emissions would totally overpower anything that a drone could produce, it’s not contained to just one frequency but at a relatively short range that blankets all frequencies
I have seen people using domestic video get bands on video as a result of radar interference even if they had no TX or RX abilities
BTW I was a Navy Elint and weapons officer for 5 years!

You still don’t appear to understand the major difference between “Merchant ships and Navy ships”
Why would you say that?
I think I can tell the difference, what makes you think I don't?
Navy ships are the grey ones, arent they?
DJI_0842a-L.jpg

the original question was not flying near ships but naval vessels in particular having drone countermeasure.
The initial question was completely unrelated to ships of any kind but post #18 made a very vague reference to a dim memory of a forum post regarding what might (or might not) have been an incident related to a docked navy ship.
That post mentioned something that might not have happened at all, and if it did happen, might have had nothing to do with emissions from a ship.
BTW I was a Navy Elint and weapons officer for 5 years!
How many consumer drones did you see detected or brought down in that time?
What does any of this have to do with this thread?

For the person using the aluminum foil to block GPS. I believe the antennas are in the front legs.
Also you need to do the test such that the drone is moved 30+ feet UP and away from the take off point with GPS to see if it returns to home when you turn off your controller.

Don't the jamming devices scramble the gps signal these days?. I've seen area warnings where the military were experimenting using gps blocking. I could be wrong of course but it must be easier than trying to block a frequency hopping RC unit. Just a thought. As you say it would return iff RC signal is lost and even iff gps is lost, as it constantly monitors it's position from take off, so it can fly a direct route back. I enjoyed the indoor experiment though. At least we all now know it won't go bonkers iff all fails.

Jamming is so last century. GPS spoofiing is all the rage. With jamming, you know. With spoofing, you have no idea you're getting bogus coordinates - you just fly into a mountain with a smile on your face.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy