DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Inaugural Flight

Paul Iddon

Reactions
So I dared the dreaded first flight, and uploaded my first video.

My editing skills are not up to much, nor is my drone flying!

Credit at start of video to Eric Matyas for the music.

Paul.

So I dared the dreaded first flight, and uploaded my first video.

My editing skills are not up to much, nor is my drone flying!

Credit at start of video to Eric Matyas for the music.

Paul.
Is that ice in the basin?

Yeah, cold hands too...

Paul

Great video

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Hi Paul, what drone are you flying?
If you want to get used to flying and filming you may have a setting labelled C on your controller which puts the drone into Cinematic mode. It flies slower to create better footage but also allows you more time to think about and plan shots.

Hi Paul, what drone are you flying?
If you want to get used to flying and filming you may have a setting labelled C on your controller which puts the drone into Cinematic mode. It flies slower to create better footage but also allows you more time to think about and plan shots.

The Mini Pro 3. This was in Cine mode, which shows my newness!

Paul.

Good first effort Paul. It's intimidating in early flights as you worry about crashing or losing sight of the drone or straying into unknown territory or running out of battery. We've all been there!!!

A couple of tips. If you're panning, try to rotate very slowly and smoothly other wise it looks jerky. Your eyes need time to take in what they're seeing. Sometimes you can slow things down in editing to smooth the view out. It also helps to 'tell a story' if you cover a particular area in some detail and then show progression to the next scene, perhaps with some footage at height showing the view straight down as you move along. Finally, using the rule of thirds you can show more of the scenery and less of the sky.

Good luck with your next flight.
Bill

Thanks for the feedback Bill. It's a learning curve for sure.

Someone mentioned that using 60fps will keep turns with yaw etc smoother?

Paul.

If you have the new RC controller with the screen you can touch an object on screen and select P.O.I (point of interest) and the drone will fly around it in a circle. It keeps it centred in the frame. You can control the radius of the flight path and the height with the controller. The drone takes care of the circling by itself. Very smooth and stunning images!

If you have the new RC controller with the screen you can touch an object on screen and select P.O.I (point of interest) and the drone will fly around it in a circle. It keeps it centred in the frame. You can control the radius of the flight path and the height with the controller. The drone takes care of the circling by itself. Very smooth and stunning images!

Mine needs the mobile phone. Hopefully it will have the same feature?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tgbell