DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incident

Here was my close encounter with an eagle - if he had of hit it I am sure I would have found it.

Cool capture, but a question. Since we are supposed to stay in VLOS, there is no way you could have abided by that law flying the distance you were flying here.

I agree. BUT, the one good thing is if you are a Mavic to be taken out by an apex predator ? must be one of the most honorable and respected ways to go amongst your peers. Way better than having to slowly descend into water against your will because your owner messed up RTH and misjudged battery power. Be strong bv be strong. We honor the memory of your Mavic who died with his boots on doing what he loved.
Awesome reply...the best!

Here was my close encounter with an eagle - if he had of hit it I am sure I would have found it.

3 minutes in I got bored. Maybe next time trim it to 20s and add a slow motion cut at the end.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Cool capture, but a question. Since we are supposed to stay in VLOS, there is no way you could have abided by that law flying the distance you were flying here.
Wonder what year it was done? Yeah I don't approve of BVLOS flying since the FAA enacted the rules of late. But if it was in the US and prior to the new regulations, it might be a questionable as to whether or not it was legal. I also have had brief encounters with many different birds and am not chasing wildlife. I can see my MP with all the strobes on it but can't see a bird at the same distance...well until the birds start using them.

I've heard that when a predatory bird is near the best maneuver is sport mode...straight up and away from the threat.
That makes sense. They probably cannot ascend as fast as a drone can. Diving they got us beat. We'd be easy prey.

Even if it's not in sports mode going straight up is not natural to the bird. The worst for me was an Osprey which kept swooping at my MP. It took a couple of straight up flights before it left me alone. The strange thing was after that the bird seemed like it could care less about my quad and quit being aggressive.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard