DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incoming Storm (Hyperlapse)

looks great. Have you tried post procesing the pics a bit to improve lighting, would turn it from great to amazing :)

Thomas- LOL! GREAT GUESS! It's Lake Grapevine in Grapevine, TX. About 8-10 miles away from Lake Dallas. Actually, is there even a Lake Dallas? I know there is a city nearby called Lake Dallas. You from there?

anzacjsack- thanks!! You know, I wondered about that? What do you suggest? I am *bad* at color correction / color grading...and just about anything in post. Should I turn up the brightness and the contract in software? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Dave Maine
what are you using for post edit?
everyone has their own "style" so there is no right or wrong

My workflow in lightroom usually has me
adjust blacks and whites,
shadows and highlights
contrast
exposure (a little if needed)
temp (a little if needed)
saturation and vibrance
i then pull down graduated filter and play again with just the sky to get the look i like.

lots of other things to play with, but thats generally where i start

I really like this video. Do you remember your hyperlapse settings? frame rate? shutter speed, delay between shots? I imagine this used a full battery?

anzacjsack-

Thanks for the workflow notes. I'll try your suggestions...all of them to see if I can make this video even that much better. I use Hit Film Express (free). Ever heard of it? It's pretty powerful and has lots of instructional videos on youtube. I use it for video editing, not photo editing. It has all the post production tools that you mention, I just need to jump in sand try!

lillewis and marcbyron- Correct, the Mavic does not do Hyperlapse....like the Mavic 2 Pro does. Why Dji GO 4, when used on a Mavic 2, has built in Hyperlapse but NOT on the Mavic Air is beyond my comprehension ! So, you do this:

1. Set the camera to take "timed shot" and set it for 2s (once every 2 seconds it takes a picture).
2. Enter into Tap Fly. You point it to a location far away and tell it to start flying towards that.
3. Once Tap Fly is going, you tap the shutter button in Go 4, and as it slowly flies towards the horizon, it'll take a picture every 2 seconds.
4. Pull all the photos off the SD card onto a single folder on your computer (like c:\hyperlapse).
5. Use software to import the photos and stitch them together into a 24 frames per sec video.

That's it! One thing you HAVE to do is set the exposure to manual so you get consistent exposure….else your Hyperlapse will come out BAD. Also, keep in mind for a 12 second video, as shown above, you need a LOT of pictures to make a video.

I did not use all the battery - that was going from 83% charge remaining down to 22%. If I immediately would have launched it up in the air and did the hyper laps all the way from 95% down to, say, 15%, I could have gotten close to 20 seconds of video.

This is my favorite thing to do (Hyperlapse). I sorta wish I had a Mavic 2 Pro, because it's built in to Go 4 to do Hyperlapse with that drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato