DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incompatible gimbal data - DOA or me being stupid

ajeffries

Reactions
I've just powered up my new mavic mini, installed firmware updates and then took outside to fly. I get incompatible gimbal data error in the DJI fly app preventing it from flying. Starting a gimbal calibration just shows 10 percent progress and the gimbal moves slowly, never completing (I gave up after 10 minutes), compass calibration fine but IMU calibration could not be started.

I'm guessing I have a bad unit but thought I'd reach out in case I'm doing something stupid or if someone else has experienced this.
Thanks! Aaron

To follow up, DJI recommended I return to dealer for an exchange. Just bad luck on my part to get a defective unit.

Reactions: Thomas B
There's been issues where firmware update corrupts the ability for the AC to use the SD card. May be the SD format is corrupted, or the existing logs on the card confuses the new firmware. Usual symptom is that AC won't connect to RC but perhaps applies to your symptom.
Solution for AC connection issue was to format the SD card with a PC.

There's been issues where firmware update corrupts the ability for the AC to use the SD card. May be the SD format is corrupted, or the existing logs on the card confuses the new firmware. Usual symptom is that AC won't connect to RC but perhaps applies to your symptom.
Solution for AC connection issue was to format the SD card with a PC.
Thanks for pointing this out. I tried this suggestion but unfortunately it did not help. I should be able to get a replacement later this week though which I think is now the best option.

Well I just opened my MM for Xmas and it has this issue. I called DJI support and I also need to return it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming