DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

incompatible gimbal data message

BroomRider

Reactions
I was going to fly my M3P today, & got this message, "Incompatible gimbal data", so I tried the automatic fix, which didn't.

The Manual fix option made no sense, & I've no idea how to do that anyway; I have no instructions for it.

No, I've never crashed my drone, nor ran into anything with it, nor landed it on anything that would have hit the gimbal.

Any ideas as to how to clear that error message, or fix the problem?

I'd really rather avoid having to return it under warranty...

But, if I do, I'll get them to also fix the weird white-ish splotch in the lower right corner of the RC controller screen at the same time (no idea ow that happened either; I've never had it out in the rain nor splashed anything on it nor hit or damaged it in any way); both the drone & the controller look like new. It's a mere annoyance, but while I'm at it...

<disappointed sigh>

Can’t say for your issues but with all my drones I have went into
The correct assistant and reflashed the firmware. Hasn’t always worked but has enough to make me try it before I’ve done anything else. 🤷‍♂️ Sometimes simple things fix issues.

Reactions: BroomRider
Can’t say for your issues but with all my drones I have went into
The correct assistant and reflashed the firmware. Hasn’t always worked but has enough to make me try it before I’ve done anything else. 🤷‍♂️ Sometimes simple things fix issues.
Ok, thanks, I hadn't considered that it might be a software/firmware thing.

I did re-flash both the drone & the controller, & all seems fine now; I didn't get that error message when I started the drone again, & just to check, I did the auto-calibrate function for the gimbal & that seems fine now.

Just for good measure, I'm also going through the recalibrations on everything else.

As luck would have it, I was doing a screen recording of my last flight, & I would post it, but I don't think I'm able to do that here; I did notice some kind of odd flash-glitch disturbance, like a flicker, in the recording, almost like something flew very close to it, but it was so brief, just a very momentary flicker, not like any birds I've seen in others' videos, nor in mine that day (there was a flock of gulls that flew by a distance away but nowhere near close by) on the right-hand side, about midway in the vertical axis, & after that, I noticed that it looked like the drone was "crabbing", as in, the camera was looking off to the left as the drone flew forward & it had never done that before; I chalked it up to there being a stiff wind from the port side, & I had gotten a couple of high wind warnings (I was flying along the beachfront, & out along a breakwater) so I reduced altitude & turned around & started flying back.

It was only today that I noticed that gimbal data warning; I cancelled my plans for flying today to get the issue resolved; now it's too late in the day to go flying. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow, weather permitting.

A question, might a shore-based marine radar installation possibly cause such an error? I flew by the general area of one towards the end of my loop, & it wasn't big & I didn't fly anywhere close to it & I was flying above it by 150' - 200', but... just wondering...?

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Just for good measure, I'm also going through the recalibrations on everything else.
Thats what I always do when I reflash. Just a giveme. I recalibrate
everything. Might be unnecessary but is just what I do and check All my settings. RTH etc..

Ok, thanks, I hadn't considered that it might be a software/firmware thing.

I did re-flash both the drone & the controller, & all seems fine now; I didn't get that error message when I started the drone again, & just to check, I did the auto-calibrate function for the gimbal & that seems fine now.

As luck would have it, I was doing a screen recording of my last flight, & I would post it, but I don't think I'm able to do that here; I did notice some kind of odd flash-glitch disturbance, like a flicker, in the recording, almost like something flew very close to it, but it was so brief, just a very momentary flicker, not like any birds I've seen in others' videos, nor in mine that day (there was a flock of gulls that flew by a distance away but nowhere near close by) on the right-hand side, about midway in the vertical axis, & after that, I noticed that it looked like the drone was "crabbing", as in, the camera was looking off to the left as the drone flew forward & it had never done that before; I chalked it up to there being a stiff wind from the port side, & I had gotten a couple of high wind warnings (I was flying along the beachfront, & out along a breakwater) so I reduced altitude & turned around & started flying back.

It was only today that I noticed that gimbal data warning; I cancelled my plans for flying today to get the issue resolved; now it's too late in the day to go flying. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow, weather permitting.

A question, might a shore-based marine radar installation possibly cause such an error? I flew by the general area of one towards the end of my loop, & it wasn't big & I didn't fly anywhere close to it & I was flying above it by 150' - 200', but... just wondering...?
You can post a video to youtube and provide the link here. No direct video posts, though.

That radar wouldn't have caused a problem.

You can post a video to youtube and provide the link here. No direct video posts, though.

That radar wouldn't have caused a problem.
Thanks for your help!

Now, I've encountered a related problem with calibrations...

I got everything else done, except for (re)calibrating the M3P visual sensors.

I have the DJI Assistant 2 (consumer series). Works fine for updating, etc.

I've tried several times to do the (re)calibration procedure following the described steps, & it just won't work.

What's worse, I can't find anything on the interweb, no step-by-step procedure, no tutorials, no guides, anywhere, for doing that with the M3P & using the DJI Assistant 2 (consumer series).

I tried following a how-to on YouTube for the Mavic with the DJI Assistant 2, & that's an earlier video, & trying the same procedure, Negatory.

If there's an up-to-date source for the M3P, I'd love to have it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242