DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inconsistent Firmware

sinxa

Reactions
if i may ask,

what is the worst risk of flying dji drone which has different version on the A/C vs R/C vs Battery?
any bad experience?

-------

I have my mavic 2 R/C being repaired on the local workshop, and it needs mainboard replacement.

The R/C is successfully restored and tested. But the repair man feel hesitate to get it updated to the latest firmware.

As some people says that every firmware update on the dji products might lead to unexpected problem, so i guess that is the reason why the repair men don't recommend me to update the R/C's firmware.

As a result, i have to use it with my Mavic 2zoom which has the latest firmware, and that causing inconsistent firmware between A/C vs R/C.

So, ia that really bad???

I have never updated anything in 3 years on the Mavic Pro Gen I. I do get the inconsistant firmware message once in a while on the batteries, but again, never updated anything. Works as advertised, without the new "limitations", as in quizes, nfz issues, gimbal resets, reduce performance etc...
It will never "phone home"......

Reactions: sinxa
I have 4 Mavic pro 2 drones, controllers, and 8 batteries.
3 drones and all of the controllers updated from V01.00.0670 to V01.00.0770 using Assistant 2 for Mavic. Controller first then each drone. No problems or issues.

I have only today been successful in updating the forth drone. The update would fail repeatedly at 22% and in answer to the inconsistent firmwares message and update that would fail at 95%.

I read everything and followed all advice but I know my setup has no issues because I already updated three other controllers, drones and their batteries without issues.

I managed to isolate the issue to just this one drone none of the controllers or batteries. I was stuck in a perpetual firmware failure circle trying to update the drone in isolation.

The process that finally worked was to connect a controller to the PC in one USB socket and the drone to another USB socket on the same PC.
Start Assistant 2 for Mavic and switch on the controller which now shows as an icon on the startup page.

Update the controller to the latest firmware. Back to the home page but leave the controller switched on.
Start the drone which also now shows as an icon on the home page.
Now try and update the drone and controller firmware alternately with both switched on and connected to the PC. If you have an inconsistent firmware message or an update the fly zone message then follow that update.
Continue to alternately update the controller and drone until both show as having the latest firmware and no inconsistent firmware messages appear.
Now switch off the controller and the drone.

Try the Go4App.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61