DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incorrect Altitude Height??

Flyhigh1

Reactions
Lately I've noticed that after I take off and fly for a while I then return to notice as im descending that the altitude reading on the app is showing higher then it really is. Today it landed at +22ft. I landed in the same spot that I took off from so there's no problem there.

Lately I've noticed that after I take off and fly for a while I then return to notice as im descending that the altitude reading on the app is showing higher then it really is. Today it landed at +22ft. I landed in the same spot that I took off from so there's no problem there.
The altitude data comes from a barometric sensor that measures air pressure so it's normal to see differences of a few feet over the duration of a flight.
Recalibrating the IMU might help reduce the difference you mention.

Reactions: old man mavic
Also the barometric sensor Is temperature sensitive. That gets accounted for to some degree but conditions can make it much worse when the temperature changes while flying.

Also the barometric sensor Is temperature sensitive. That gets accounted for to some degree but conditions can make it much worse when the temperature changes while flying.

The barometric sensors have built in temperature monitoring and I would be extremely surprised if DJI don’t take that data into account.

The barometric sensors have built in temperature monitoring and I would be extremely surprised if DJI don’t take that data into account.
Yes just as I said but there are limitations to how well that actually works.

sometimes, i think we seem to forget ,that not long ago, the telemetry that we see displayed on our screens was very limited, and at best wildly inaccurate ,and even now it is not cast in tablets of stone, the systems used are very basic ,and its easy to read to much into them and expect them to be extremely accurate
it is nice to have distance ,height ,speed ,and direction data displayed, but apart from the position of the drone on the map relative to the home point most of the other telemetry is at best just informative and can vary a lot depending on conditions at the time of the flight

I have a MPP and noticed a similar altitude misreading 2 weeks ago that I had not seen before. My display was reading -23' when i was coming down for a landing and it was actually about 15' in the air hovering. It has always been pretty accurate as far as I could tell and has not displayed a wildly inaccurate altitude reading since that odd event.

Maybe the sensor needs replaced. If it continues to be that far off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S