DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incorrect time stamp on videos

ravenman

Reactions
I have searched and searched threads only to find the same problem but never a solution. Strangely the time stamp on still photos is correct but the videos are around in the middle of night. There is no time difference constant noticed. Mavic 2 zoom, standard controller, sandisk extreme card, iPad mini 5. I plug the card into Sandisk adapter and into iMac, transfer videos & photos into Mac OS App Photos.
This problem has been constant since I bought the drone in August 2020. I have used an iPhone, an older iPad mini, and now the new iPad mini 5.
any suggestions will be appreciated.

I would try to observe the video file time stamp in a different way than the app you are currently using, one from a 3rd party (not a built in Apple OS app). If it's different, then it's an issue with the app, not the video file.

Or even in the Finder app.

I wonder if the app is for some reason showing greenwich mean time (but you say you noticed no difference constant).

Chris

Reactions: ravenman
Chris, Thanks for your suggestions. It's getting even more interesting. Remember that the still photos taken during the same flight all have the correct time on them. Also I just noticed that videos taken with my GoPro 7 have the incorrect time stamp. The videos taken with my iPhone 12 and Night animal camera are correct. They all get imported the same way, into the same Photos app. I have been searching Apple sites as well and it seems clear that I am not the only one.

So maybe you found an actual bug, like the DJI developers are writing the date to the wrong field in the video file metadata.

Recall that some file systems also give several dates, Created, Modified, Acquired, Taken, Archived, and more. They could be mixing up some of those.

Chris

Reactions: ravenman
Is the date and time set correcting in the app settings?

I am using a SC with my M2P, Photos are stamped in GMT and videos in LT. The time/date setting in the SC is correct. This is the case since I bought the drone a year ago and through all FW updates on both devices and regardless if I use DJI Go 4 or Litchi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada