DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

INDIANAPOLIS? Looking for people who own Mavics near me!

If thats the case, there's Freedom Park in Greenwood (observe FAA rules when flying near Greenwood Muni airport), Greenwood high school or Whiteland High School (same caution), Center Grove HS has a large field in front of it.

There's not much in the way of nature or scenery in these parts, but downtown Indy is 20 min away with more interesting backdrops.

If I can think of anything else around Greenwood, I'll post.

If you operate SE of Greenwood Muni, be aware that extensive flight training takes place at low altitudes in this area.

Thanks!! ended up driving to Sodalis Nature Preserve. Wasn’t the best as the pond was covered in muck and the sun got blocked by clouds. But since it was my third flight ever just getting out was good.

Reactions: NinjaNut
Thanks!! ended up driving to Sodalis Nature Preserve. Wasn’t the best as the pond was covered in muck and the sun got blocked by clouds. But since it was my third flight ever just getting out was good.

Little gem just outside Mooresville n Plainfield. Didn’t think about that spot. Good for ya gettin out!

has anyone done any flying near Geist reservoir?
wondering if there are any open places where flying could be done without having to deal with a bunch of people and boats.

Any good pics from this spot?

Mavic Air owner living in Westfield, In. Work in Carmel, In. My work place has a large empty field I've been flying at lunch time.

Mavic Pro Platinum with RE Goggles in Avon. So much of the west side is overlapped by airspace for full-scale planes. Hard to find a place to fly. Hummel Park (Plainfield) is off-limits due to local ordinance. Local prisons get nervous with anything RC, too. I've had the Mavic for a few months, but very few flights. I'd like to learn with someone...

Bob

Mavic Pro Platinum with RE Goggles in Avon. So much of the west side is overlapped by airspace for full-scale planes. Hard to find a place to fly. Hummel Park (Plainfield) is off-limits due to local ordinance. Local prisons get nervous with anything RC, too. I've had the Mavic for a few months, but very few flights. I'd like to learn with someone...

Bob

I didn’t realize Hummel Park is off limits - on the Plainfield Chatter Facebook group, there is a guy who has posted a few drone videos taken at Hummel recently (the back side with the concert venue near the law enforcement academy; of course, the park was empty in his video so maybe he was there early or late) so I thought it was OK.

I just flew my Mavic Air briefly for the first time yesterday. I live in Plainfield and my house is just outside the airport NFZ, so I took her up and flew over my house to inspect the roof and gutters. I plan on going out west a bit (Clayton/Hazelwood/Stilesville area) where there are huge stretches of farm fields for me to fly over for more training. Once I’m comfortable, the Indy Drone Owners group in Facebook has meetups and I may go to some of the those to learn from those guys, since many of them are very good.

Hi guys,

I work in Bloomington but live an hour southwest of there. Tulip trestle in Solsberry great photo op.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada