DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Indoor Mission Using Droneblocks and Ipad Wifi Failed

PavicMilot

Reactions
Hi folks, was just experimenting with indoor Wifi missions with my Mavic and nearly sliced off the tips of my fingers trying to grab it after the mission failed. After much icing, I can now type but am wincing. Has anybody out there attempted this. Let me explain?

So, apparently droneblocks is not out yet for Android/Chromebook, so I resorted to my Ipad mini. I connected to my Mavic's Wifi node. I set up my mission, a simple one to just take off, hover, start video recording, yaw right, go forward, turn 180, go forward, stop video, and land.

Upon starting the mission, the Mavic didn't exactly execute the sequence. Instead, after the video started recording, it then decided to rise up into my cathedral ceiling and hit the cross beams! I had to reach up and snag it (guess I reached a little too high...not much blood, coulda been much worse!)

Here are my questions, in case there is someone out there with answers? A long shot, but....
1. Why the heck is there NO ABORT BUTTON on the mission screen (like there is with Tello missions)?
2. Is it because I'm using a 1st gen Ipad Mini that the mission wasn't followed?
3. Is it because of the start video record (overloaded the buffer? Related to older ipad?) that the mission failed to follow sequence?
4. Has anybody else out there done this with similar IOS equipment.

Not tried it on the Mavic but quitting the app on TELLO causes it to land using iPad

Wonder if switching to sport mode would interrupt the mission like it does with intelligent flight modes within DJIGO4.

If you need a 3 D printed leg extention for the rear that you can use as a catch handle -reach out. I want to make sure you keep all your digits!

Attachments

• 20181113_104837.jpg
    20181113_104837.jpg
    868.2 KB · Views: 17
Hi folks, was just experimenting with indoor Wifi missions with my MavicI connected to my Mavic's Wifi node.
I set up my mission, a simple one to just take off, hover, start video recording, yaw right, go forward, turn 180, go forward, stop video, and land.
What's the GPS environment like in the building?
Was the compass affected by magnetic fields in the building?
How do you expect the drone to be able to follow your program if it has no idea where it is?

Reactions: BD0G
If you need a 3 D printed leg extention for the rear that you can use as a catch handle -reach out. I want to make sure you keep all your digits!

I always wondered exactly what the purpose was for leg extensions...

I always wondered exactly what the purpose was for leg extensions...

To be able to land in tall grass, areas with light gravel and rocks, snow, and to be able to reach up and pluck your Mavic from the air without fear of propeller strikes to the fingers or hand.

Try em and you will never look back. There is no noticeable change in aerodynamics that I can detect in P Mode or Sport Mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d