DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Indoor video and still shots

Wendy205

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering if a Mavic Mini is good enough for taking indoor videos and photos, such as for real estate websites etc. I am considering getting a smaller drone mainly for indoor use and was considering the Mavic Mini. I already have a Mavic Air but find that it's still quite big for indoors, (especially with the prop guards on), even though it's a small aircraft. I'm only concerned about the quality of the photography and if the MM camera is good enough to take decent shots.

Any feedback will be welcomed.

Cheers,

Wendy.

Yes it should be fine, you'll just have to make the rooms as bright as possible so that the vision system can provide a stable hover as you won't have GPS

Reactions: Wendy205
Or....turn it on, don't start the props, and just hold the Mini like a camera and you won't have to worry about hitting something.

Reactions: rickfmdj and Kyle76
I'm just wondering if a Mavic Mini is good enough for taking indoor videos and photos, such as for real estate websites etc. I am considering getting a smaller drone mainly for indoor use and was considering the Mavic Mini.
Leave the drone outside and use a real camera for interiors.

Reactions: scro
Just wondering why you need to use a drone for indoor photography? It doesn't seem to be the best tool for capturing quality stills/video at ground level. Drones are best suited for aerial photography.

If you feel the Mavic Air is too big then the Mini will probably also feel too big, as it is only slightly smaller. A microdrone like the Tello is better suited to indoor flying, but the image/video quality is nowhere near as good as the Mavic series drones.

Thank you to all for responding to my question. I'm thinking that maybe it is better to just use a normal camera or do what GregS suggested and use the drone as a hand-held camera instead. I'll check out the Osmo pocket too, just out of curiosity. I wasn't overly keen to fly indoors and I agree that drones are best for aerial photography. I had seen some indoor footage of homes for sale and it looked impressive, but think I will play it safe. So thank you for the suggestions, they are greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll