DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Information to get you ready for remote ID

Thanks for this info. So, I watched Greg's video and checked my information on the drone & controller and all fine. But, when I go into DroneZone, select my aircraft (Air 2S) and hit the 3 buttons, I still don't have an edit "button" - only cancel and details. If I hit details, on the top it says: Is your drone equipped with RID - NO. Yet, I do have a UAS Declaration of Compliance with a FCC Identifier. I know I asked this before, but is this the case for others who have an AIr2S? Thanks.

Thanks for this info. So, I watched Greg's video and checked my information on the drone & controller and all fine. But, when I go into DroneZone, select my aircraft (Air 2S) and hit the 3 buttons, I still don't have an edit "button" - only cancel and details. If I hit details, on the top it says: Is your drone equipped with RID - NO. Yet, I do have a UAS Declaration of Compliance with a FCC Identifier. I know I asked this before, but is this the case for others who have an AIr2S? Thanks.
Here is the FAA Compliance list link https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs
If I'm not mistaken, if your drone is on the list all you need to do is hit the button to say "yes" my drone is RID then new lines of info will open to add the RID information. The key part is which controller are you using? If using on the of the newer controllers NC 1C, RC Pro.... you will see the full Controller ID number in the "ABOUT" section of the menu of the app. You will need to add that number on the line of Remote ID. If you are using the original "Smart Controller" you will need to add the 4-5 number/letter identifier (DJI/Autel or other drone Co) in front of the controller number then click saved.

Reactions: marshvet
Here is the FAA Compliance list link UAS Declaration of Compliance
If I'm not mistaken, if your drone is on the list all you need to do is hit the button to say "yes" my drone is RID then new lines of info will open to add the RID information. The key part is which controller are you using? If using on the of the newer controllers NC 1C, RC Pro.... you will see the full Controller ID number in the "ABOUT" section of the menu of the app. You will need to add that number on the line of Remote ID. If you are using the original "Smart Controller" you will need to add the 4-5 number/letter identifier (DJI/Autel or other drone Co) in front of the controller number then click saved.
Because it does not even give me the "edit" button, there is no place to change it to "yes".

Thx for the info. Important if you plan to be legal come September!
On my Air2S I just put the remote ID that was listed. Isn’t that the same? The guy was saying the controller which to me makes no sense. I would think you would go with the line that clearly says Remote ID.

Years ago, pre RID certification, I had registered the same drone first as recreation and then part 107. That is 2 registrations #s displayed on the same drone. I have several drones registered like this.

My latest Mavic 3 is FAA RID accepted. I have tried using the Recreational Dashboard to update … no edit choice. Several threads in past on this same issue … with consensus being … wait a while for data base sync & catches up with the approvals …

Today, tried first from the Part 107 Dashboard to edit the Mavic 3 and was successful! And Yes, the Mavic 3 is beaconing all that remote pilot data too.

Next, went to the Recreation Dashboard to edit the Mavic 3 and found no edit option. Failure again from my perception of how the systems work. Maybe its working as it should.

Humm, well I'm OK with this status quo result. I can retire all the Recreational drones and delete the Part 107 non RID Compliant drones come September 23rd.... unless someone comes to market with a sub $25 RID Module.

I'm not a pilot, I'm a Part 107 Remote Pilot., a minor few technical differences, and we share the same air space and have the same responsibility for each others safety and to those walking around on the ground & their property.

From my perspective I always fly Part 107 and do all my LAANC Authorizations the same. Even if I’m flying recreationally with clubs or doing amateur photography.

I recommend investing a few hours and couple of dollars in yourself ... take the Part 107 and unclutter your head. It will become easier and more enjoyable focusing on flying. Even if you manage to contort and squeeze yourself into the Recreational box, which is OK, you still have to mind all the other rules of ground & air safety. Make life simple, take the test.

The easy way is to cancel your current registration and add a new drone. This time, check RID compliant. This is how I did it for my Care Refresh 2S.

If it's just a serial number block for remote id approved models can't it just figure it out from what you've already registered?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661