DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Information

valbo67

Reactions
do you advise me to always keep the filter mounted on my polarized MA2 or leave its neutral??'
sorry but I'm new, have pity on mè

No need to leave it on always ... it's a filter that gives a certain effect, use it when you want this effect.

Polarizing filters stop polarized light from entering a camera lens. By filtering out this light, a polarizing filter eliminates reflections and haze from your photos. It also increases the contrast and depth of color of objects, such as the sky or foliage.

The downside when you use a polarizing filter is that it cuts out the equivalent of around 2 f-stops of light. This means you’d need to compensate for 2 f-stops of light exposure with this filter on your lens. This perhaps not a good thing when you're taking low light photos or want to freeze motion.

A polarizer can also be problematic when filming as the effect varies with the angle to the sun ... making the effect come & go when you turn. Also not good to use for panoramas for the same reason.

No need to leave it on always ... it's a filter that gives a certain effect, use it when you want this effect.

Polarizing filters stop polarized light from entering a camera lens. By filtering out this light, a polarizing filter eliminates reflections and haze from your photos. It also increases the contrast and depth of color of objects, such as the sky or foliage.

The downside when you use a polarizing filter is that it cuts out the equivalent of around 2 f-stops of light. This means you’d need to compensate for 2 f-stops of light exposure with this filter on your lens. This perhaps not a good thing when you're taking low light photos or want to freeze motion.

A polarizer can also be problematic when filming as the effect varies with the angle to the sun ... making the effect come & go when you turn. Also not good to use for panoramas for the same reason.
thank you very much x the very comprehensive answer

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I use the filter most of the time except for sunsets.

Use it or not depending on lighting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan