DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance advice pleeeease

Roger Gorman

Reactions
Hey all, recently bought my first drone. Mavic 2 pro. Love it. But missed my window of 48hrs to purchase the dji insurance. Added to which I purchased on San Francisco and am now back in London.

Love to know which insurer, service someone can recommend. I've now had 2 epic (although short) flights so it's well past an 'unboxed' stage.

Thank you!

Rog

Hey all, recently bought my first drone. Mavic 2 pro. Love it. But missed my window of 48hrs to purchase the dji insurance. Added to which I purchased on San Francisco and am now back in London.

Love to know which insurer, service someone can recommend. I've now had 2 epic (although short) flights so it's well past an 'unboxed' stage.

Thank you!

Rog
*** EDIT **** See MiniMan post above.
Not sure if it will work for you but I am looking at the purchase of a used DJI drone. Contacted DJI concerning buying coverage protection and below is their response - hope it helps.

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We are grateful to assist you with your concern.

Yes, but the drone has been activated for more than 48 hours, you need to offer the verification video to us. After the video verification passed, the binding window will be open for the drone for 72 hours again. You can contact your nearest dealer or sales assistant to purchase Enterprise Shield and bind it to the drone within 72 hours.

Please offer the verification video per the instruction in the attached file and I will forward the video to the team for verification. Normally the result will come out within 1-3 business days.

As the e-mail cannot send files over 20M, please send a download link to [email protected] such as Dropbox.

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help.
Thank you for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!

Best Regards
Raine Long
DJI Technical Support

YouTube: DJI Tutorials

Thank you!

Rog
Search function on the forum is usually informative......

Additionally, bear in mind that due to the higher EIRP of a US purchased Mini your aircraft will technically be illegal to fly in the UK, since the emmitted RF power will be above what OFCOM allow.

Some insurers (all for commercial liability cover) require UAV serial numbers to be lodged and yours may flag as a non UK aircraft. Probably unlikely but should be aware.

Additionally, should you have a loss involving a large liability element and it is found you were flying a non UK legal UAV, questions may be asked/cover voided.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roger Gorman
Search function on the forum is usually informative......

Additionally, bear in mind that due to the higher EIRP of a US purchased Mini your aircraft will technically be illegal to fly in the UK, since the emmitted RF power will be above what OFCOM allow.

Some insurers (all for commercial liability cover) require UAV serial numbers to be lodged and yours may flag as a non UK aircraft. Probably unlikely but should be aware.

Additionally, should you have a loss involving a large liability element and it is found you were flying a non UK legal UAV, questions may be asked/cover voided.
Thank you!

Hey All, some good (insurance) news I wanted to shared.

I missed the 48hr window to get the dji refresher insurance and was unable to get the relevant insurance after the event, since I purchased the drone in the states but live and use it in the UK. I could only find local country based insurance for Hull (as a recreational user).

A total fail.

But after 3 weeks I have found what I believe is the only insurer offering local country and global, Hull and 3rd party, insurance.

CoverdroneDOTcom

I've no affiliation btw. And am yet to see how good they are if a claim arises, but so far I'm extremely relieved to have cover, finally, and they seem a good bunch.

Just wanted to share this.

Rog

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manu Gopinath