DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance for my Mavic 2

Jorgeo65

Reactions
Every insurance company I ring about getting my drone insured, treat me like i'm asking to get insurance for a Sherman tank.
I've spoken to 3 people from my insurer {real} about adding my drone to my portable contents home insurance, and get 3 different answers, they will readily insure a car that has a high chance of getting into a accident, but for a mavic drone which is unlikely to cause damage, the answer is no, wont insure drones.
I found 1 insurer that will only cover it for accidental damage and theft, only if I'm not using it at the time.
anyone know of a better deal in Australia that wont cost a fortune?
I know I could search for a answer, but I'm very lazy.
thanks in advance.

Every insurance company I ring about getting my drone insured, treat me like i'm asking to get insurance for a Sherman tank.
I've spoken to 3 people from my insurer {real} about adding my drone to my portable contents home insurance, and get 3 different answers, they will readily insure a car that has a high chance of getting into a accident, but for a mavic drone which is unlikely to cause damage, the answer is no, wont insure drones.
I found 1 insurer that will only cover it for accidental damage and theft, only if I'm not using it at the time.
anyone know of a better deal in Australia that wont cost a fortune?
I know I could search for a answer, but I'm very lazy.
thanks in advance.
Try State Farm

DJI offers refresh. If you crash or otherwise damage it for any reason accidental, they will replace it up to 2 times (three for refresh+) for a fee.
You do have to provide the damaged AC so it doesn't cover loss or theft or if it crashes where it can't be recovered.
Liability would have to be obtained separately.

What does it cost from DJI and does it include liability insurnace.
It costs $120 within 48 hours of activation of you account and I think they offer liability insurance. Be aware that if you don't get the insurance in the 48 hours, you will have to send them an 8 minute video of your drone doing certain procedures and then they will approve.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard